E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Comfort Access Fault Codes?

10-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #1
minicrazy592
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i RWD

Comfort Access Fault Codes?

Hi guys. I've been trying to sort my E91s Comfort Access inoperability since I bought it off of BaT in January.

At first, it was a dead keyfob battery when the car arrived. I replaced that and was able to start the car without putting the key in the slot.

Next, I moved to inspecting the door handles. They seemed fine with no paint missing on the conductive parts.

So I went over to the fuse box and found Fuse 61 popped. I thought bingo, there's my issue. Replaced the fuse and had some functionality from the passenger handle only for a week or two. Decided to replace the handles and this is where I'm at now. Two known working handles and it's still not working on my car.

I opened up INPA and found faults A097 and A0A7 in the CAS module. Pointing to both handles. I tried clearing the faults, but they returned. So now I'm curious if it's a CAS module or something else.

I also have a 0x2F4A fault in the DME for something related to EWS that won't go away that I feel is connected.

Does anyone have some insight on where to start with this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0