E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My opinion on my newly purchased 335i

01-22-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
jmilber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon 335i Sedan

My opinion on my newly purchased 335i

Just got my '07 335 6-speed manual sedan the other day and all I have to say is WOW...... I have "almost" no bad things to say about this car, below are the goods and the bads of this car IMO.

Favorites:

PERFORMANCE - the power on this car is incredible and BMW cars just have the most amazing high-tech feel and sound when they accelerate... the car handles turns like crazy and the breaks are great too. I honestly feel like I am in an M3 driving this car.... It feels faster than my friends E46M3 and my suspension is stiff and sporty.

LOOKS - After tinting the windows & adding a carbon fiber spoiler, the E90 335i looks very sporty, sleek and sexy. The cabin is beautiful and luxurious feeling with supple leather and an attractive dashboard. All the components in the car feel heavy and quality.

Comfort Features - All the features on this car make me feel completely pampered. The comfort access getting in, my automatic windshield wipers, easy to use and effective cruise control (way better than the one on my Audi), the voice recognition software (understands me more than I would expect), the Bluetooth integration with my Samsung Instinct phone, multi-direction electric seats, great climate control..... I could go on and on. The I-Drive??? I don't find it nearly as horrible as everyone made it sound...... I have been playing video games and using computers my whole life, and I actually enjoy the I-Drive technology-- especially for the NAV which I think its excellent (voice recognition for the NAV is very useful while driving).

What I don't like (I have to think hard for this one):

Sound - The Logic 7 sound seems to have some static sound and really doesnt sound as good as my Bose sound system on my Audi. Also, the MP3 player doesn't let you make playlists that I know of and I cant even find a way to play the songs on shuffle. They could gave put a LOT more effort into making this useful and effective. I also kind of miss my preset buttons to get to my radio stations--- it is a bit of pain to use voice recognition or the I-Drive to switch stereo channels. Also, the nav system sound is too soft and I cant find a way to change it.

Remote - I expected to be able to close the windows/moonroof with the remote and am a little disapointed in that.

Ok-- I cant really think of much more than I don't like. I'd say its biggest weakness lies with its sound system, but otherwise it is truly the ultimate driving machine! I invent errands just as an excuse to drive more now and cant think of ANY other car I'd rather have. The G37 and IS350 may come close in 0-60 and be cheaper, but they are not the BMW experience and I wouldn't trade the 335i for those cars in a million years. I'm sure all the other 335i owners feel the same. Thanks for hearing my 2-cents on this amazing vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #2
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilber View Post
Also, the nav system sound is too soft and I cant find a way to change it.
When it's talking use the volume knob to adjust the voice volume. I figured this out by accident before reading the manual.

Quote:
Remote - I expected to be able to close the windows/moonroof with the remote and am a little disapointed in that.
unfortunately for the US version of these cars you can only do this with the physical key itself (put it in the keyhole and turn it clockwise and hold it)

Quote:
Thanks for hearing my 2-cents on this amazing vehicle.
im still smiling after almost 10 months of ownership and haven't thought about trading it in for anything... that's kinda rare since I tend to get bored within a few months...

enjoy
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #3
krote345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 328i

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
Welcome! Plan on posting pics of your car?

Jet Black, 6MT, CW Pkg, PS, iPod, Style 189 Wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

I'm assuming the Audi was replaced with the 335..which Audi?

congrats, post some pics please.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

Quote:
I also kind of miss my preset buttons to get to my radio stations--- it is a bit of pain to use voice recognition or the I-Drive to switch stereo channels.
I have the 3 stations I listen to the most on presets 1, 2, and 3. then I just use the thumb button on the wheel to cycle through them as I'm driving. It's the easiest way to change the station for me.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Vnak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Since you have comfort access the other alternative to using the key, is to rest our finger on the ridges a little longer and all windows/sunroof will close.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
kgb1637
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: RS5

If you're talking about using an ipod through your i-drive, you can shuffle by pressing down on the current track and selecting random, I haven't used any other sort of MP3 devices. Enjoy the new car.
      01-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
HermesRider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

Quote:
Sound - The Logic 7 sound seems to have some static sound and really doesnt sound as good as my Bose sound system on my Audi. Also, the MP3 player doesn't let you make playlists that I know of and I cant even find a way to play the songs on shuffle. They could gave put a LOT more effort into making this useful and effective. I also kind of miss my preset buttons to get to my radio stations--- it is a bit of pain to use voice recognition or the I-Drive to switch stereo channels. Also, the nav system sound is too soft and I cant find a way to change it.
Try the Logic 7 settings in the Audio section of the forum... they really tune the car's audio nicely. As far as playlists, are you using 6FL or just the aux in? What MP3 player? I've used Ipod and USB harddrive and have had playlists accessible on both. Shuffle is possible with the random feature as mentioned above, but I find for the MP3 device it only works in the directory you are presently in (not a problem if you just select all songs in submenu). Presets - don't you have preset buttons on your radio? They are very convenient for stations, locations, etc. To change nav audio volume, change volume while it is talking, it will stay that way and won't affect radio volume.

Quote:
Too many lawyers in America my friend... sucks for us.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
Craig@SupremePower
G.O.A.T.!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 GMC Yukon XL

Welcome
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
jmilber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon 335i Sedan

MP3 Player

I am not using an mp3 player but am using an CD which has MP3's on it. Thanks for the info on raising that Nav Ladys voice so I can hear her =) I will get pics up soon, I'm waiting until I get my blackline taillights in 2 days so she can be seen in her full glory!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

welcome!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #12
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Welcome!
      01-23-2009, 12:31 AM   #13
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

good review
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #14
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by holson View Post
When it's talking use the volume knob to adjust the voice volume. I figured this out by accident before reading the manual.

unfortunately for the US version of these cars you can only do this with the physical key itself (put it in the keyhole and turn it clockwise and hold it)

im still smiling after almost 10 months of ownership and haven't thought about trading it in for anything... that's kinda rare since I tend to get bored within a few months...

enjoy
Actually you can remotely close your windows. With comfort access its possible. Just once you get out of the car and you close the door and say you didnt roll up whatever window or you didnt close the moon roof. If you put you hand on the door handle like your going to open it and your thumb on the lock touch pad, thats if you have comfort access it will auto roll up your windows. if you any one would like a video, i could make one.
Mods: JB3,RR catted DP, RennArt resonated exhaust, AFE intake, 19x8.5 & 19.9.5 Linea Corsea Strasse mounted on Nitto Invo 235/35/19front & 285/30/19rear. M3 spoiler, front spilters and ACS roof spoiler. And whooping Blue0013 around the Nurburgring all day long.
Appreciate 0