G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southeast

06-15-2023, 07:45 PM   #1
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 SSG G80 6m/t

Chattanooga area…fun roads to FL?

Hey folks, especially those that have driven to the Jacksonville area of FL from Chattanooga. What are some off the beaten path/‘fun’ roads to take on my way home to FL? The car (6m/t g80) will be being broken in on the way, and I’m new to RWD (been a manual/awd Subaru driver for years). As such, just lookin’ for some cool roads to drive home on, that have reasonable speeds/twists/turns/ups/downs? I have plenty of time to come up with a path, so, I’ll be scouring google maps for a few months, and will make the drive in Q4, with all good hope. TIA!

PS…Always willing to meet some of ya, prior to departure from Ch., TN should folks be interested, when time comes.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 09:01 AM   #2
Anderson11
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Comp

From the Northeast of Chatanooga about a 2 hour drive you will find The Tail of the Dragon. Its a bucket list drive for any auto enthusiast. I drove it it late April along with the Cherohala Skyway. Views and driving experience are second to none IMO.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chat...!3e0?entry=ttu
      06-18-2023, 09:22 AM   #3
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

^^Yeap, for sure! Thanks for that, as I’ve always wanted to get to TTOTD, so, perhaps when I pick up my car, it’ll be time! Haha. I may just end up taking a couple of days off, so as to be able to enjoy the drive(s), and hopefully avoid highways. That’s the goal, at least.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 05:30 PM   #4
Exile86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
^^Yeap, for sure! Thanks for that, as I’ve always wanted to get to TTOTD, so, perhaps when I pick up my car, it’ll be time! Haha. I may just end up taking a couple of days off, so as to be able to enjoy the drive(s), and hopefully avoid highways. That’s the goal, at least.
I’d be happy to meet up and take a ride up the the dragon and the skyway. I live in Chattanooga and it’s worth the trip up there!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 06:07 PM   #5
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I’m down. I’m currently in status 111 for at least another month, and then, it’s anyone’s best guess as to when it makes it here. Good thing is, I have some time to plot my course to mostly avoid highways (95, 26, 75, etc.) for as long as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 10:18 PM   #6
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just updated to status 112. Still a few weeks out, till it starts true production, but, getting closer!

This seems like a nice route for me to take. While I could do it all in one day, I'll probably stop in a place that seems safe in Ga. for a night. And I miss Hotlanta...driven through there too many times to not want to do thast again! Of course, the actual 'directions' may change over time...as time gets closer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #7
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, seems the M crew in Germany has been crankin’ lately. The car was dispatched from the factory, so, now it’s a waiting game from port arrival to getting on a ship and crossing the pond. At this rate, it’ll probably be here end of August/early Sept. i was looking forward to the Fall colors, but, seems I’ll miss them yet again. :/

Anyhow, still down for a nice drive and still working on that map up above to figure out the best/most fun way home.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 12:54 PM   #8
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, seems like the car is in route to Chattanooga, and will be there something this coming week. I'll be out in the area on Friday evening, should anyone want to meet up for dinner/drinks/etc. I'll be heading to the tail on Saturday morning, making my way home. I'll most likely be staying somewhere close to Sweetwater, so as to make my journey a little easier.

In any case, would be nice to meet up with some of you folks, should anyone be available on Friday evening, or even Saturday morning. Feel free to PM me, or just drop a note here.
Appreciate 0