E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Manifold Vacuum Lines?

05-15-2023, 10:27 AM   #1
Inquisitive
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Manifold Vacuum Lines?

Hi, I’m new to working on my 2007 335i and have some questions about these lines going into the manifold.

I’ve pulled off the manifold and cleaned it , the throttle body and the intake valves (new gaskets for the manifold and throttle body too), I’m almost ready to put everything back together.

I had ordered new vacuum hoses and bought 3.5mm silicon high temp just like is recommended everywhere I could find. Now that I’m looking at it, I’m hesitant to replace these. There is a huge difference in inside diameter between the original hoses and the ones I bought. I’ve attached pictures.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do? These are vacuum lines, right? When I end up replacing the lines on the left side, will I encounter the same difference in size?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 08:59 PM   #2
Inquisitive
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

No one has responded to this, so I’ll post an update on what happened

It was the hose that I ordered, it wasn’t exactly 3.5mm.

I had also ordered 10 feet of a baby blue hose, which turned out to fit much better!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0