BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-13-2023, 06:38 PM   #1
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4 M40i

Garage List
  [6.83]
New Coding App

https://obdeleven.com/en/content/44-bmw

Is anyone here familiar with this?

My gut feeling is that it’s likely the same as BimmerCode so it’d be pointless to purchase as well
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:47 PM   #2
lfdal54
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottweiler View Post
https://obdeleven.com/en/content/44-bmw

Is anyone here familiar with this?

My gut feeling is that it’s likely the same as BimmerCode so it’d be pointless to purchase as well
They're big in the Audi / VW world and recently migrated to BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 06:51 PM   #3
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfdal54 View Post
They're big in the Audi / VW world and recently migrated to BMW
Do you know if they offer features lacking in BimmerCode?

My biggest issue with BC is that by my not being able to read German I’m unable to understand/access any of the options in “Expert mode”
Appreciate 2
HeatJoey1222.50
      05-14-2023, 01:41 AM   #4
neilybealy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw X4

I still have my adapter/app from earlier in the year when I had my Golf R. It did the same thing as bimmercode for my Golf but doesn’t have any long coding as they call it for bmw. I checked yesterday in my X4 and it scans and shows/clears errors but only gives the option for one click apps. Basically you have to buy/use credits

I tried using the bimmercode app to connect to the OBDeleven adapter but it didn’t work so I’ll need to purchase a new cable/adapter

Rottweiler I’m sure you’ve recommended the yellow Ethernet cable before?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 01:43 AM   #5
neilybealy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh and it’s in German as well in OBDeleven as it’s reading the ecu
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4037.50
      05-14-2023, 01:44 AM   #6
Rottweiler
Captain (Retired)
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilybealy View Post
Oh and it’s in German as well in OBDeleven as it’s reading the ecu
Thank you

I’m pretty sure I’m gonna pass on this
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 01:46 AM   #7
neilybealy
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeh if you’ve got BC I can’t see any reason why you would need to pay for OBDeleven as well
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4037.50
      05-14-2023, 03:29 AM   #8
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Garage List
I had it for my VW Golf R, I used it a lot actually, especially when performing service maintenance. Has lots of pre-coded apps.

Found it good for tracing a miss-fire in one of my cylinders as it has live data readout. I also coded my rear DRL's on to function like the Scandinavian cars, so overall I thought the OBDEleven was and probably still is a great product.
Modifications - AutoID Front Splitter. DTUK Pedalbox Plus. Gloss Black M Badges. 3d Maxpider Kuga Floor Matts & Cargo liner. BMW M-Performance Flow Through Spoiler. Mid-Trunk Spoiler. 15mm Spacers all round. AP Arch Guards. X3M Side Vents. 699M Wheels Gloss Black
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 03:53 AM   #9
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
In addition to the above, after checking on the OBDEleven app this morning, it looks as though it can activate the Scandinavian DRL's front and rear simultaneously.

This is on the LCI models.
Attached Images

Modifications - AutoID Front Splitter. DTUK Pedalbox Plus. Gloss Black M Badges. 3d Maxpider Kuga Floor Matts & Cargo liner. BMW M-Performance Flow Through Spoiler. Mid-Trunk Spoiler. 15mm Spacers all round. AP Arch Guards. X3M Side Vents. 699M Wheels Gloss Black

Last edited by Keefy; 05-14-2023 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4037.50
      05-14-2023, 07:50 AM   #10
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

obd11 is such a ripoff lmao... i will never deal w this shoddy company again... need credits to code and support sucks... it can do very little compared to Bimmercode
      05-14-2023, 07:52 AM   #11
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottweiler View Post
Do you know if they offer features lacking in BimmerCode?

My biggest issue with BC is that by my not being able to read German I’m unable to understand/access any of the options in “Expert mode”
no one will provide a translation of expert mode because there are SO many options and its quite complicated
      05-14-2023, 08:07 AM   #12
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
obd11 is such a ripoff lmao... i will never deal w this shoddy company again... need credits to code and support sucks... it can do very little compared to Bimmercode
I have zero experience with BimmerCode but used OBDELEVEN quite at bit with my Golf R, it’s certainly not perfect but addressing the credits, each time you open the app you get one credit for free which will mount up, the apps were fine and easy to use but again I only used the apps and the live data read out when fault finding etc….or resetting the service date.

As of this morning I had over 524 credits available and the average cost of purchasing an app was around 10 credits although some were more expensive than others.

BimmerCode is obviously specific to BMW and OBDELEVEN was just specific to the VAG group until they’ve released this new BMW functionality, so BimmerCode will be better but like I found this morning with OBDELEVEN it’s now giving you rear DRL’s on the X3 LCI, which wasn’t previously available, like with most things, things will improve with time. What I like is the fact that these coding products, irrespective of manufacturer, give us additional flexibility and options which can only be a good thing?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 08:12 AM   #13
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefy View Post
I have zero experience with BimmerCode but used OBDELEVEN quite at bit with my Golf R, it’s certainly not perfect but addressing the credits, each time you open the app you get one credit for free which will mount up, the apps were fine and easy to use but again I only used the apps and the live data read out when fault finding etc….or resetting the service date.

As of this morning I had over 524 credits available and the average cost of purchasing an app was around 10 credits although some were more expensive than others.

BimmerCode is obviously specific to BMW and OBDELEVEN was just specific to the VAG group until they’ve released this new BMW functionality, so BimmerCode will be better but like I found this morning with OBDELEVEN it’s now giving you rear DRL’s on the X3 LCI, which wasn’t previously available, like with most things, things will improve with time. What I like is the fact that these coding products, irrespective of manufacturer they give us additional flexibility and options which can only be a good thing?
the free credits stopped for some time... and OBDeleven which I believe is based in Lithuania has very poor support... I've used it on an S3, A6, Q5 and Q7... it's not a very good experience imho... they significantly slowed support and moved on to other platforms... w bimmercode and expert mode, there is borderline nothing OBD11 offers... bimmercode can do rear drl's... u need to use bimmercode as its a superior app for BMW
      05-14-2023, 08:16 AM   #14
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
the free credits stopped for some time... and OBDeleven which I believe is based in Lithuania has very poor support... I've used it on an S3, A6, Q5 and Q7... it's not a very good experience imho... they significantly slowed support and moved on to other platforms... w bimmercode and expert mode, there is borderline nothing OBD11 offers... bimmercode can do rear drl's... u need to use bimmercode as its a superior app for BMW
I never knew they stopped the free credits, that’s disappointing to hear.

I haven’t used my BimmerCode yet, are the rear DRL’s available via an app or have you to code it in manually?
Appreciate 1
ASAP10210.00
      05-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #15
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

Quote:
I haven’t used my BimmerCode yet, are the rear DRL’s available via an app or have you to code it in manually?
My LCI came with a checkbox in the settings for “Daytime running light rear” — is that not the case for UK or US cars? If not, you’d think it should be easy to add if it’s just a national market difference.
Appreciate 1
Keefy1640.50
      05-14-2023, 11:57 AM   #16
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavatski View Post
My LCI came with a checkbox in the settings for “Daytime running light rear” — is that not the case for UK or US cars? If not, you’d think it should be easy to add if it’s just a national market difference.
It’s funny you should mention that, as it’s defined by law in certain Scandinavian countries that cars have to run daylight running lights on the front and rear. So it must be a simple case of market difference.

So again, from a coding point of view, it should be simple enough to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2023, 12:28 PM   #17
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

Quote:
It’s funny you should mention that, as it’s defined by law in certain Scandinavian countries that cars have to run daylight running lights on the front and rear. So it must be a simple case of market difference.

So again, from a coding point of view, it should be simple enough to do.
Yes, that's correct. On our previous F48 you had to tell it which parts of the taillights you wanted to use with the DRLs, so it was a little more involved. Given that the G01 has a specific checkbox for rear DRLs it must be even simpler than that. Happy to compare my coding with yours if the way to do it in Bimmercode isn't obvious.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Keefy1640.50
HeatJoey1222.50
      05-15-2023, 05:00 AM   #18
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavatski View Post
Same in the Uk, I have a checkbox in the iDrive menu for rear DRL.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 05:08 AM   #19
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
In addition to the above, after checking on the OBDEleven app this morning, it looks as though it can activate the Scandinavian DRL's front and rear simultaneously.

This is on the LCI models.
Why do you need to code ?

You can activate rear DRL on the UK LCI in iDrive under car setting.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 09:44 AM   #20
Keefy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Why do you need to code ?

You can activate rear DRL on the UK LCI in iDrive under car setting.
I haven’t noticed it before, if it’s there then great. I know some people were asking about it a while back, which made me think it wasn’t available on the LCI models.
Appreciate 0