BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-10-2023, 01:55 AM   #1
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Programming dummy buttons, Bimmercode PDC and lane keep

1) Since my car didn't come with surround view, the button above PDC/Auto SS on the center console is blank. Is there any hack for me to program this button to some sort of functionality, i.e. another shortcut, an aftermarket front camera, side parking sensors? Likewise, is there any way for me to remap the steering wheel left/right buttons and volume +/- to control iDrive map instead of media/radio which I hardly listen to so that I don't have to take my hands off the steering wheel and drive with one hand when I need to use the iDrive controller to simply input an address?

2) I successfully set up Bimmercode with MX+ OBT adapter and coded away the useless seatbeat, temperature, startup legal and backup warnings. But I tried changing Driver Assistance Lane Keep Assist from default threshold of 40 mph (63 kmh) to the lowest option of 35 mph (55 kmh) and the lane keep assist stopped working until I reverted the change. I haven't tried the higher thresholds though. Has anyone faced a similar issue and understand why?

3) Does anyone know if Bimmercode has an option for changing auto PDC distance activation threshold? Currently I would have to pull in extremely close to an object (sign, wall, car, etc) for the PDC screen to switch on, mid yellow/red range where the PDC is already beeping like crazy. I think this defeats the purpose of auto PDC because I will always need to remember to press the PDC button as I'm pulling in so that I can see the PDC while still in green. The software to do this seems fairly straightforward, just change the auto PDC switch on if condition from yellow/beeping to green. I'm surprised there is no way to change this setting naturally in iDrive.
Appreciate 1
glennbk588.00