BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-27-2023, 03:36 PM   #1
ewt1508
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Squeaking Noise Coming from Passenger Side A Pillar

I'm hearing a squeaking noise that seems to be coming from somewhere in or around the passenger side A pillar. The noise sounds similar to two pieces of metal rubbing together (possibly plastic). I've brought to the dealer several times and ask that they remove the A pillar and inspect. I don't think they've done anything to be honest. The noise occurs at lower temperatures (30 to 50 degrees F). I think it might be related to some sort of expansion and contraction. There are times when it is mild, times when it doesn't occur for a week, and times where it's unbearable. The dealer did lubricate the felted door seals as allegedly this is the source of a squeak noise under normal circumstances. This did absolutely nothing.

I also had the windshield washer fluid bottle problem repaired already (the tapping sound that is discussed in other forums) so that is not the issue.

Wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem!
Appreciate 0