BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

01-31-2023, 06:12 PM   #1
Zamorskii
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CX

Ultimate Care+ 2 Agreement

Hi, during delivery of my new M3CX I was talked into buying this extended maintenance plan, which will last for 60 month or 75k miles and as represented to me would take care of oil changed from 40-70k miles and most importantly two full brake services (replacement of pads and rotors) at 30k and 60k miles.

I do not have CCB, just regular brakes, but called another dealer in town for ala carte prices and just a single brake service would cover the cost of the whole plan. Since I plan to keep the vehicle for some time and most likely get to at least 60k miles, it looks like a no brainer to me, but wanted to see if folks had real life experiences with it. To be a bit more specific, in reading the Coverage section of the plan they make a statement that the plan will cover "replacement of XYZ items due to normal wear and tear beyond the limits listed in the BMW Technical Data Information". And with that I wonder, if for example at 30k miles I come and request brakes to be changed, but say my pads are not worn or rotors not thin enough to be replaced, would BMW still perform the service or say the limits have not been exceeded?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2023, 07:00 PM   #2
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

I doubt they will replace them simply because you request it, however a few laps from time to time at the local track will wear them out quickly.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2023, 03:19 AM   #3
DocWeatherington
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP

Garage List
23 Bmw M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamorskii View Post
Hi, during delivery of my new M3CX I was talked into buying this extended maintenance plan, which will last for 60 month or 75k miles and as represented to me would take care of oil changed from 40-70k miles and most importantly two full brake services (replacement of pads and rotors) at 30k and 60k miles.

I do not have CCB, just regular brakes, but called another dealer in town for ala carte prices and just a single brake service would cover the cost of the whole plan. Since I plan to keep the vehicle for some time and most likely get to at least 60k miles, it looks like a no brainer to me, but wanted to see if folks had real life experiences with it. To be a bit more specific, in reading the Coverage section of the plan they make a statement that the plan will cover "replacement of XYZ items due to normal wear and tear beyond the limits listed in the BMW Technical Data Information". And with that I wonder, if for example at 30k miles I come and request brakes to be changed, but say my pads are not worn or rotors not thin enough to be replaced, would BMW still perform the service or say the limits have not been exceeded?

Brakes have to be below a threshold to replace as it's a general wear item. If you drive aggressively and or track the car you should be able to use the service.

The rears will wear out before the fronts do. Either way either the a brake job and a spark plug job will cover the cost.

You likely will have one brake job at two spark plug jobs so it's a win.
Appreciate 1
Zamorskii186.00