BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-01-2022, 08:47 PM   #1
NarcanNinja
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X3 M40i

Yellow DRLs ..

Going to attempt this on my vehicle I believe but looking to see anyone’s experience I’ve got a set of instructions and they should work with mine but before I rip off my old DRL modules just thought I’d ask 😅

For the m3 m4 they suggest taking the wheel off not sure if that’s required for the x3.

Looking for a parts map of where the drl’s are located and how to get to them basically since it’s a relatively new mod (on X’s )

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #2
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i Brooklyn/Mocha

Few things:

Plan on removing the front bumper + headlights

Be wary of throwing codes. I’ve installed one set and immediately had issues when low/hi beams were used

Who did you buy them from btw?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #3
NarcanNinja
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa-Clean View Post
Few things:

Plan on removing the front bumper + headlights

Be wary of throwing codes. I’ve installed one set and immediately had issues when low/hi beams were used

Who did you buy them from btw?
IND. install looks a bit sketch. Gonna have a shop that’s done a couple m3/m4’s successfully near by do it. I guess the x3 is a bit more difficult than the m’s.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #4
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcanNinja View Post
IND. install looks a bit sketch. Gonna have a shop that’s done a couple m3/m4’s successfully near by do it. I guess the x3 is a bit more difficult than the m’s.
Weird, I can’t find them on IND’s website for G01. Either way, likely more reputable than Icedriver on Aliexpress…or same manufacturer. Having done it myself, and redoing today, I see literally no way to complete without removing headlights or loosening fenders.

Last edited by Supa-Clean; 12-02-2022 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 01:30 PM   #5
NarcanNinja
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Weird, I can’t find them on IND’s website for G01. Either way, likely more reputable than Icedriver on Aliexpress…or same manufacturer. Having done it myself, and redoing today, I see literally no way to complete without removing headlights or loosening fenders.

I may have been guilty of bugging IND via email about when they’ll have these available for a x3, and I finally got notice they were getting some in for the X3M and should fit on my x3, gave em my VIN and he confirmed it. Haven’t had a bad IND experience yet besides the prices

Seems simple for a shop to do and they’re quoting me about 3 hours work. Should look pretty nice though I think …
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 01:49 PM   #6
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I may have been guilty of bugging IND via email about when they’ll have these available for a x3, and I finally got notice they were getting some in for the X3M and should fit on my x3, gave em my VIN and he confirmed it. Haven’t had a bad IND experience yet besides the prices

Seems simple for a shop to do and they’re quoting me about 3 hours work. Should look pretty nice though I think …

Do your instructions include coding? I’m on my third try now, waiting for thermal paste to dry. Still no luck with throwing codes.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 01:51 PM   #7
NarcanNinja
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Do your instructions include coding? I’m on my third try now, waiting for thermal paste to dry. Still no luck with throwing codes.
Nope, the ones he sent over had basically remove , heat old module up pry it off scrape the old paste off reapply to the new one and on you go. Pretty straight forward. I don't want to mess with electronics though myself
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 01:59 PM   #8
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nope, the ones he sent over had basically remove , heat old module up pry it off scrape the old paste off reapply to the new one and on you go. Pretty straight forward. I don't want to mess with electronics though myself
Packaging look like this by chance?

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 08:36 PM   #9
Supa-Clean
First Lieutenant
Rep

Heads up, got more info tonight. YMMV but my third set of boards DID NOT work either. I also found that the AliExpress seller supplies people such as bayoptics, who are selling for 2x markup (normal by all standards).

Now, maybe this will work for others and I have a slightly different car than what they design for (2022 LCI with shadowline) but it seems to me that people are selling untested products.

I’ll be sending my OEM boards to be reviewed, and hopefully I do t get screwed. If it all works out, a new, verified product will be for sale relatively soon.
Appreciate 2
dinan5m34345.00
      03-18-2023, 10:45 PM   #10
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Quote:
I also found that the AliExpress seller supplies people such as bayoptics, who are selling for 2x markup (normal by all standards).
fu*king bastards!

Thanks for sharing that tip. Almost pulled triggered with those fu*kers...
Appreciate 2