F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Issue with bimmercode
GetBMWParts

10-03-2022, 07:47 AM   #1
Red-Eye51
Rep
Drives: 120d - gone, 430d xdrive

Issue with bimmercode

Afternoon All,

I recently had my EGR recall carried out on my 430d, I've also had an issue with my iDrive resetting itself every 5min, everything was sorted in a day and now the radio works without issue. It looks like they did a complete car reset as all the extra things I've coded with bimmercode have gone, I'll need to re-add them back onto the car at some point.
My question is could my recoding via bimmercode have caused the issues with the iDrive restetting ? It's been fine for about 8-10months and then a month ago it all started going wrong.

Happy to hear peoples thoughts on this as would like to recode the things i had before like folding mirrors on locking, seat moving back when enter/exit the car, tyre pressure and temp display, but not if it's going to cause issues again.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-Eye51 View Post
Afternoon All,

I recently had my EGR recall carried out on my 430d, I've also had an issue with my iDrive resetting itself every 5min, everything was sorted in a day and now the radio works without issue. It looks like they did a complete car reset as all the extra things I've coded with bimmercode have gone, I'll need to re-add them back onto the car at some point.
My question is could my recoding via bimmercode have caused the issues with the iDrive restetting ? It's been fine for about 8-10months and then a month ago it all started going wrong.

Happy to hear peoples thoughts on this as would like to recode the things i had before like folding mirrors on locking, seat moving back when enter/exit the car, tyre pressure and temp display, but not if it's going to cause issues again.
Our cars may be very different ages (mine's a 2012 model with ID4) but I have coded multiple items using Carly and Bimmercode (far better, in my experience) and haven't had any issues whatsoever with iDrive etc.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 04:16 AM   #3
Red-Eye51
Rep
Drives: 120d - gone, 430d xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3819 View Post
Hiya.

Having read your post I wonder if you can help me. I had my 420D in to the main dealers for the EGR recall and I too lost all my Bimmercode coding . I have done most of what I had, but I can't for the life of me remember how to disable the arms that present you with the seatbelt when you close the door.

I know it's possible as I did it before, just need pointing to the right instruction to achieve my goal. Any chance you could help?

Thanks for reading.

Phil.
Sorry, never coded the arms out on mine, Not sure why you would actually ?
The wife always says 'Thank You' to them when she puts her seatbelt on
Appreciate 0