F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Air Con Passenger
Extreme Powerhouse

09-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
BlackMask93
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Air Con Passenger

https://imgbb.com/rtPS3KjHey,

Not sure if I can enable this or not, but does anyone know how to enable the Passenger Head AC option. At the moment I can only select torso and legs but on driver side I can select Head, Torso and Legs. I have bimmercode but do not see an option to make this change in the Air Condition section.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMask93 View Post
Not sure if I can enable this or not, but does anyone know how to enable the Passenger Head AC option. At the moment I can only select torso and legs but on driver side I can select Head, Torso and Legs. I have bimmercode but do not see an option to make this change in the Air Condition section.
Is it possible? My understanding, preference is to the driver by design, for control of head and screen ventilation.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #3
BlackMask93
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Is it possible? My understanding, preference is to the driver by design, for control of head and screen ventilation.
I literally have no idea, just bugs me seeing only Torso and Leg option on passenger side. If it's by design that's cool, but I would like to know if it's just a setting I need to enable.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 04:39 AM   #4
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMask93 View Post
I literally have no idea, just bugs me seeing only Torso and Leg option on passenger side. If it's by design that's cool, but I would like to know if it's just a setting I need to enable.
I don't know if there are settings, but historically the driver has always had priority for some functions (like the windscreen) with Dual Zone HVAC systems. It is logical to only allow the driver to control air flows to the whole windscreen.

See the distribution settings from an F-series User Manual.

When we have an All/Sync button, it sync's the driver's settings to the passenger and rear (4-Zone).

Older designs of Dual Zone with physical buttons, also have used the same limitation to upper body control. See the E38 (LHD) Dual Zone panel illustrated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-01-2022, 06:01 AM   #5
BlackMask93
Enlisted Member
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I don't know if there are settings, but historically the driver has always had priority for some functions (like the windscreen) with Dual Zone HVAC systems. It is logical to only allow the driver to control air flows to the whole windscreen.

See the distribution settings from an F-series User Manual.

When we have an All/Sync button, it sync's the driver's settings to the passenger and rear (4-Zone).

Older designs of Dual Zone with physical buttons, also have used the same limitation to upper body control. See the E38 (LHD) Dual Zone panel illustrated.
Thank you very much for that well detailed explanation , I now fully understand why the passenger does not have the head option
Appreciate 1