E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Creaking Seats

05-09-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
Twitch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Creaking Seats

Do BMWs generally have creaky seats? This is usually due to the leather flexing along with surrounding plastic areas. I don't remember this happening when I first picked-up the car a year ago. I also think with a manual transmission, there's a lot of movement in the seat and this might have eventually led it to creak. I test drove an older 330i a while ago and it was the same thing. I guess reality is that plastic flexes and eventually gets old. I can't be asking them to replace my seats. The noise is so minor too.

Any comments?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
davidL330i
Rep
Drives: 330I Titan Silver

Hi Twich,

My 330I also had the same issue now especially during a bump or pulling out from parking lot or garage, I hear a minor noise from the driver seat area.
Originally,I thought it was coming from the driver's side door or even possibly from the wood trim. But it looks like it is coming from the plastic parts covering the botttom part of the seat. I have 330I Sport seats and I set the seating position very low. Very annoying and not sure what to do. It comes a lot more frequent now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #3
Twitch
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

They (dealer) are going to order me a brand new bottom part of the seat but then I think it's just going to happen later anyways. I don't think the plastic from the seats is of high quality. I think it will happen sooner for manual transmissions are there is more "jerking" when driving. It's sad to know that the quality from a car like this is not "up-to-par." There seems to be so many problems for this car. I have had everything from sticky buttons to creaky seats to rattling dashes. I guess it's something I have to live with.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
red.66mustang
Black.e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3, 6MT, Carbon Blk/Cinnamn

I had this problem last year in my drivers seat...drove me crazy. Left it at the dealer said they'd look into it. Picked it up said they couldn't find it. Took the SA out to the car sat down in the seat and replicated first try.

Next day brought it back they lubed the rear seat back, applyed felt tape, and lubed the seat tracks. No problems for a year now but the passenger seat has started to do it