F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Window problem
ARMA SPEED

07-16-2022, 10:45 PM   #1
Bwstockw
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Window problem

Hi all. New to the forum. I have a 2015 bmw 328i. Today I had the windows cracked while I was working. It started to rain so I went and rolled up the windows and waited out the shower in my car. Once the shower passed I cracked the windows again and went back to work. Once I got done and ready to leave, I noticed my driver window was rolled all the way down which I don't recall doing. I went to roll it up but it wouldn't budge. I've never had any issues with my windows. The only thing I could think of was maybe some water got in due to the rain and caused something to malfunction but my windows weren't down long at all while it was raining. I also notice a clicking noise from the passenger side (around the glove box area maybe?) when I hit the button. Anyone have any ideas what it may be? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 05:06 AM   #2
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Hold the window down button on that specific window for 10 seconds
Try and roll up the window now, if it rolls up, keep it held for 10 seconds when it's fully up.

This calibrates the window. If this does nothing, I'm hazarding a guess that the part that controls the window mechanics are gone.
Appreciate 0