E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Differences in buying parts for M sport XDrive and bar model cars

06-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #1
Zoloftt
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i e92

Hello,
I am very new to this so I need some help. I am having trouble finding parts (everything from performance oil coolers to front splitters) for my 2009 e92 msport coupe. I was wondering what I should be looking for or where I should be looking for parts that would fit my car (for performance, cosmetics, wheels, etc.) Thank you so much in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

www.realoem.com to look up part numbers
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Performance parts for E92 Msport

As you go through threads here you will realize that the Msport designation is mostly cosmetic. The suspension is lower (springs) than the non-Msport, but the shocks are likely the same. Most everything else is the same between the Msport and the non-Msport. The x-drive of course has some differences again, but even its rear suspension is the same as the rwd variants.

If you have a 335, then the engine is different, as are the brakes. Most other things are the same.

The E92 M (V8 engine) is a different beast, but even there, some parts from the M can be used in the other variants.

I suggest you read the thread by biginboca to see what can be done with a naturally aspirited E92 from both a looks and performance perspective. I think he represents the state of the art for the E92 on these threads.

Once you have done some reading, start thinking of where you want to take the car, and what kind of upgrade budget you have. Remember there will be some basic maintenance items along the way which are going to take about $1000 annually before you even start looking at upgrades.

As to parts suppliers, FCP are very good for OEM parts, ECS/Turner can give you ideas for performance parts, Tire rack for wheels/tires/brakes/suspension components, Zeckhaussen for brakes (race and street). You will pick up names in the threads that you can then seek out on the web. Make you own assessment of who is credible and who is dodgy. The good guys will keep coming up in the threads. Check the local threads for who is a good mechanic/supplier in your area. Seek out other BMW enthusiasts in your area you can connect with.

Have fun. It is a great community.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2022, 12:38 AM   #4
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
The forums aren't super big on aftermarket support, focuses mostly on OEM improvements/fixes. With that being said definitely check out Biginboca's CSL thread.

Feel free to search through the subforums, there are still answers

If you go on FB theres a couple groups on there with quite a few individuals who know what they're talking about. Look for the specific niches that are there for performance in mind. The general E9X groups on there (the ones that have like 30k members) are not where you want to go. Most of that 30k.. Yikes. Almost embarrassing.

If you're xi, 335xi AWD is one of my favorite groups. Lots of good info there.