E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 rear LCI retrofit coding help

06-20-2022, 05:10 PM   #1
Zero335
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Msport

E92 rear LCI retrofit coding help

Hi,

I've recently managed to get my hands on a set of LCI rear lights to go on to my E92 335i pre LCI, after fitting these LCI lights, there's warning on iDrive and also the rear indicators are flashing faster.

anyone can help me with coding these out? I am based in Manchester area.
any advise on how to code or where to go get these done, I would really appreicate it.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 05:15 PM   #2
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

There's many ways but the easiest way to do it yourself is to buy the Bimmercode app and a fitting bluetooth adapter (check Bimmercode site for the adapter that you need). It works great and also you can code in/out a lot of other fun things like auto folding mirrors, DRL, etc etc.

Do not buy Carly, it's monthly in stead of one time price and the adapter can only be used for that one app. Also they're not BMW only focused so less specialized.

And before I get attacked: yes I know the official way is an USB cable and a laptop with BMW software, but that's more complicated and not everybody wants to read into how that program works for 3 hours, with Bimmercode you're done in 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #3
Zero335
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dx11 View Post
There's many ways but the easiest way to do it yourself is to buy the bimmercode app and a fitting bluetooth adapter (check bimmercode site for the adapter that you need). It works great and also you can code in/out a lot of other fun things like auto folding mirrors, DRL, etc etc.

Do not buy Carly, it's monthly in stead of one time price and the adapter can only be used for that one app. Also they're not BMW only focused so less specialized.
thanks a lot man, i will check out bimmercode app. is it a standard odb2 bluetooth adaptor or is it a bimmercode app one?

thank you !
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2022, 05:19 PM   #4
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero335 View Post
thanks a lot man, i will check out bimmercode app. is it a standard odb2 bluetooth adaptor or is it a bimmercode app one?

thank you !
No you need an adapter that supports bimmercode, not every obd2 adapter does that (their site has a list though).

But once you get that adapter, it should also work for other apps like torque etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 04:20 PM   #5
Zero335
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
No you need an adapter that supports bimmercode, not every obd2 adapter does that (their site has a list though).

But once you get that adapter, it should also work for other apps like torque etc.
ok thanks very much! appreciate the help !
i will check this out. sounds like it's a better way to deal with the coding than the cable and laptop job!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 04:27 PM   #6
Dx11
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah the laptop thing also works fine but it takes a lot more time to figure out how everything works (I think also everything is in German). In Bimmercode everything is clearly explained in English.

Also keep in mind (I think Bimmercode also warns you) to only code with the engine running! Because if you manually power the electrics without starting the engine, after a timeout (10 minutes?) the power gets turned off. If that happens while coding you have to use the backup feature etc, which should be fine, but would probably still ruin your day thinking you bricked your car.

I did that the first time while flashing the lights module, everything turned off mid flash. I then had no DRL at all anymore, until I re-flashed, but those 10 minutes are not happy fun 10 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 05:13 PM   #7
Zero335
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the laptop thing also works fine but it takes a lot more time to figure out how everything works (I think also everything is in German). In Bimmercode everything is clearly explained in English.

Also keep in mind (I think Bimmercode also warns you) to only code with the engine running! Because if you manually power the electrics without starting the engine, after a timeout (10 minutes?) the power gets turned off. If that happens while coding you have to use the backup feature etc, which should be fine, but would probably still ruin your day thinking you bricked your car.

I did that the first time while flashing the lights module, everything turned off mid flash. I then had no DRL at all anymore, until I re-flashed, but those 10 minutes are not happy fun 10 minutes.

cheers for the heads up, i think this is probably the better and easier option, good thing also the MHD bluetooth adaptor works with bimmercode too so that's a bonus !

thanks for the heads up
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2022, 05:39 PM   #8
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero335 View Post
cheers for the heads up, i think this is probably the better and easier option, good thing also the MHD bluetooth adaptor works with bimmercode too so that's a bonus !

thanks for the heads up
I had this saved from another post from when I did the same conversion:

Module: FRM

Warm test Brake
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BL_MI -> nicht_aktiv

Cold Test Brake
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BL_MI -> nicht_aktiv

Warm test turn
WARMUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI -> nicht_aktiv

Cold test turn
KALTUEBERWACHUNG_BLK_HI -> nicht_aktiv

cold rear turn signal...