Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Yoko AVID W4S

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

12-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #1
xdrive
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Yoko AVID W4S

Second set of OEM runflat tires are shot! I have 40k miles on my car. I've decided to get nonrunflat tires. I've been looking at the Pzero Nero M+S and Yoko AVID W4S. Please help me out. Looking for people with experience with either one. Thanks everyone!

Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
doggiedog
Captain
Japan
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i 6MT SG/BL

I had the Yokohamas on my '05 G35 sedan 6MT.

I was not happy with them at all. Dry traction was not very good. Wet traction was somewhat scary as I would have to be careful taking turns at moderate speed. Snow traction was bad. Any slight inclines and I would not be able to move. In fact, I did a 360 going about 25MPH while moving in a straight line in about 4" of snow early this year (had to go for a divorce hearing so I had no choice). Fortunately, there was no one next anywhere near me when I slipped. I was driving extremely carefully too.

I went with the Yokohamas because the Continental Contitracs were sold out. I heard a lot of good things about those tires. I would not recommend the Yokohamas. They were extremely disappointing.
Appreciate 0