BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-12-2008, 06:17 PM   #1
rickradian
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 M3 (Jerez Black)

Repair Scratch on door, Irvine?

I take my daughter to school every morning and always park in a separate lot adjacent to the main parking lot. Most people don't park there because it is a bit further. This morning I was late in dropping her off so I parked in the normal parking lot. I found a spot with open spaces all around thinking it is safe.

I come back to the car and notice a white Lexus parked really close to the drivers side of my car. I also notice a car seat on the adjacent side to my car. Anyone with a child knows what a b!tch it is getting the kids out of the car seat. Anyway I immediately inspect my door and low and behold and ding on my door. There really is not a dent on my car but a scratch in the paint. I can feel it with my nail.

I debated on whether I should wait around for the owner and b!tch my ass off but I figured it just was not worth it. I could just imagine waiting around and finding a mother show up holding her 1 year old. I can't bring myself to get pissed off at someone like that. I just took the blame. I should that known better and not parked in the main lot. I just took off and got over it.

Anyway, any recommendations on getting it fixed. the scratch is paper thin and about half and inch long. You can feel the scratch with your nail so it did chip the paint.

Any recommendations for anyone in Irvine or OC that can help repair the scratch? A good detail will probably do a good job of concealing the scratch but you will still be able to feel it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Ouch ... pics? I would have waited for 15 minutes, but been polite about it unless the other party wasn't cooperating.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Total bummer. Everytime I hear a story like this it just sucks how careless other people are towards another's property. Try euroamerican autobody. they are in lake forest and costa mesa. the shop in lake forest fixed a similar scratch in the bumper of my saleen a few years back and did a great job.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 03:47 AM   #4
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

hate that..sorry to hear.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Eliminator
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 SSII 6M, '87 911

I wake up in cold sweats with nightmares like your story. i HATE door dings! Get it fixed properly and you wont even see it, but it's a pain in ths a$$.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickradian View Post
I take my daughter to school every morning and always park in a separate lot adjacent to the main parking lot. Most people don't park there because it is a bit further. This morning I was late in dropping her off so I parked in the normal parking lot. I found a spot with open spaces all around thinking it is safe.

I come back to the car and notice a white Lexus parked really close to the drivers side of my car. I also notice a car seat on the adjacent side to my car. Anyone with a child knows what a b!tch it is getting the kids out of the car seat. Anyway I immediately inspect my door and low and behold and ding on my door. There really is not a dent on my car but a scratch in the paint. I can feel it with my nail.

I debated on whether I should wait around for the owner and b!tch my ass off but I figured it just was not worth it. I could just imagine waiting around and finding a mother show up holding her 1 year old. I can't bring myself to get pissed off at someone like that. I just took the blame. I should that known better and not parked in the main lot. I just took off and got over it.

Anyway, any recommendations on getting it fixed. the scratch is paper thin and about half and inch long. You can feel the scratch with your nail so it did chip the paint.

Any recommendations for anyone in Irvine or OC that can help repair the scratch? A good detail will probably do a good job of concealing the scratch but you will still be able to feel it.

You are a good man with fair temperament. Congratulations.

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #7
M2381
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, GTI

I also had the same situation happen to me..it was inevitable but I held out till 6.8k miles