Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Will OEM E46 wheel fit E90?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-07-2005, 12:53 PM   #1
ethanthomas
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Will OEM E46 wheel fit E90?

I have a new 325i (non-sport) on order but i'm not sure that a like the stock wheels. I have a set of type 44 (17X8) wheels from a 1999 328i, are the wheel offsets the same between the E46 and E90? also, how would installing those wheels affect the tire pressure indication system.
      07-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanthomas
I have a new 325i (non-sport) on order but i'm not sure that a like the stock wheels. I have a set of type 44 (17X8) wheels from a 1999 328i, are the wheel offsets the same between the E46 and E90? also, how would installing those wheels affect the tire pressure indication system.
well, the wheels will fit, but they won't look very good on the E90. On the E46 the offset of the type 44 make it sit a little bit recessed into the fender of the car if you notice. But the offset of the E90 (especially the rear) is a bit more deep, so those wheels will really look like they are set in deep into the body of the car. They are beautiful wheels tho, and if you are set on using them, a set of spacers can really make the wheels look better on the e90.