BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-08-2022, 07:18 AM   #1
Bimmerforlife
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Sensatec Seats Owners

For those that have the Sensatec seats. I know there is no electric side bolstering button. Are the seats more bolstered and padded vs the Vernasca seats that do have electronic bolstering?

I’ve had electronic side bolstering on all my BMW’s and use it a lot. I feel like I’d miss that option. But if the seats have more padding on the sides than the electronic bolstering might not be needed.

Are the sensatec seats the exact seats as the Vernasca or are they padded more on sides? Do you miss that feature of the seats hugging you in place or is there enough padding to keep you in place on turns without the electronic feature?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 09:25 AM   #2
marseille82
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
I definitely miss the feature when Im in the mood to take corners at high speed. On normal driving I don't really care.
The sensatec seats are very comfortable in my opinion but not sure how they compare to the leather ones.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 09:26 AM   #3
jacko15
WannaBimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

My wife and I test drove a '22 X3 30i with Sensatec seats yesterday. We both thought the bolsters were very snug. I found the driver's seat to be almost too snug, but after driving for a couple of hours, I settled in very comfortably. I'm 5'10" and 220 lbs. On the other hand, my wife, who is 100 lbs. lighter and trim in the hips, couldn't get comfortable, saying the bolsters were too snug. We're both scratching our heads now, wondering what to think about the seats. I'll be following this thread to learn what I can about these seats.
Appreciate 0