home
Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

04-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #1
TJR_///M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C 2021 X3M40i

Suspension Setup (Joe Achilles You Tube)

Although UK based, I am a fan of the Joe Achilles videos on You Tube.
His latest video talks about suspension set up on his new G80Cx (he previously had a G80C and does a lot of really good videos/reviews of his cars - he also has an M2 - and some on other makes too)

The comments on the sensitivity of steering feel to suspension settings is very interesting (note the comments on rear toe being in spec wheel to wheel but not being square to the car.)

Does anyone know if there is someone in the SE (preferably GA or FL) that does something similar?
      04-30-2022, 12:31 AM   #2
RichardGM4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR_M3 View Post
Although UK based, I am a fan of the Joe Achilles videos on You Tube.
His latest video talks about suspension set up on his new G80Cx (he previously had a G80C and does a lot of really good videos/reviews of his cars - he also has an M2 - and some on other makes too)

The comments on the sensitivity of steering feel to suspension settings is very interesting (note the comments on rear toe being in spec wheel to wheel but not being square to the car.)

Does anyone know if there is someone in the SE (preferably GA or FL) that does something similar?
As a result of this video and being UK-based, I've decided to have my recent purchase of MSS springs fitted at Suspension Secrets, along with a full geometry and alignment setup afterwards.

I was really struggling to find somewhere local to me with experience of the G8x models, so decided to entrust my car to someone who clearly knows how to set the cars up properly
Appreciate 0