F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Mapped 335d's & Drive Profile (sport, comfort)
proTUNING Freaks

04-14-2022, 04:43 PM   #1
StuieUK45
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Mapped 335d's & Drive Profile (sport, comfort)

Hey guys,

Would the drive setting make a difference with the gearbox or performance as such when choosing the driver profile mode ? (Comfort, Sport, Sport+)

I have the 2017 335d , stage 1 mapped to 370, with gearbox map too (stage 2 on gearbox for all round driving)...
I know sport changes the throttle response, not sure what else (excluding suspension/steering) ?

Sometimes, i feel that when the car is in standard comfort mode, the acceleration feels more rapid, where as in sport mode (dont use sport+ as i believe that just means traction control is off & in sport mode) , hard to say, but doesnt feel as rapid.....

But then, i could just be imagining it, and the car probably accelerates exactly the same no matter the drive mode (exclu Eco Pro)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #2
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

The engine can produce the same power and torque in each mode, but the throttle response (i.e. pedal travel versus fuelling) will be different for each.

The drive mode (Eco, Comfort, Sport) changes the shift map (i.e the slected gear at a given speed, and the rpm shift up/down points), as will the use of S/M+-.

Depending on the setting selected in iDrive, the drive mode can change the chassis (steering resistance, and damper response if the car has adaptive dampers) and/or transmission map.

For a fixed amount of power and torque a car will accelerate more quickly when using a lower ration than a higher one, so the drive mode can be an imortant consideration.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1