E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > INPA help please

03-04-2022, 06:59 AM   #1
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 Lci, Vectra B V6

INPA help please

Hi I'm trying to clear learned variables.on an N57 DDE. Version DDE 7.3.
ZUSB is 8517278 which has a 2018 software date.

I'm getting a SYS 0012 error on INPA when attempting to access the dde.
I have overwritten the T_GTRP. Prg file in Ecu folder with the version from daten69. Which should be newer than the current flash.

INPA works on other modules. NCS can communicate with the DDE and a blank man file hasn't helped reset the learned variables.

Starting to loose my way with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 06:34 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Better to take this question to the coding sub forum.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

Always list the model year of your car.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 11:08 PM   #3
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andystobbs View Post
... I'm getting a SYS 0012 error on INPA when attempting to access the dde...
Does the DDE appear on the INPA > Functional Jobs > F2 Identification Screen? If so, what is the DDE "SGBD" or Module Variant which appears in the 4th column of that Screen?
What DDE choices appear in the Right-hand ListBox when you click "Engine" in Left Listbox?

If NO DDE 7x choice appears, open C:\EC-APPS\INPA\SGDAT folder and scroll down to "DDE73N57.xxx" files looking for .ini & .IPO Extensions. I don't have a Diesel/DDE, but I HAVE had to add a line to the E90.ENG file to add choices to the Right-Hand Listbox for EGS & EKPS.
I have two different versions of INPA, and BOTH have "DDE73N57" ini & IPO files, which I ASSume are what you need to connect to your DDE. If you need help adding a text line to the "CFGDAT\E90.ENG" file, let me know.

I'm NOT a computer programmer, and I'm just guessing (without seeing exactly what your "SYS-0012" Error Message Text says) that error message indicates an "IDENTIFICATION ERROR". If that is the case, and if you are NOT selecting a correct IPO file via the Right-hand Listbox Text Line/Link, then correct identification of your actual DDE should allow connection.

Once again, the F2 Identification File will show the SGBD for your DDE, which you probably already know per your mention of DDE 7.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
Better to take this question to the coding sub forum...
Perhaps YOUR experience with "Coding" Subforum differs from mine. Although there are some folks on that Subforum who appear to have considerable experience with Flashing & Coding (I have NONE ;-), I don't recall EVER seeing a helpful post related to INPA or ISTA (Diagnostic Software) on that forum, PRESENT Company Excepted.
George
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 02:54 AM   #4
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Car is an E91 LCI

The module variant is D73N57B0

There is a specific line in the Engine selection options for N57 engine.

The error text loosely translated is that the ECU version is newer than the file held or does not match.

I'll have another crack at it on Monday evening.

Edit:
Have checked in E C Apps and I do have both files.

I've read of a file dde73kwp.ipo and ini being required but can't seem to find them to download anywhere.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 03-06-2022 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2022, 06:28 AM   #5
bmwttftwceo
CEO
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F80

easy fix

Quote:
Hi I'm trying to clear learned variables.on an N57 DDE. Version DDE 7.3.
ZUSB is 8517278 which has a 2018 software date.

I'm getting a SYS 0012 error on INPA when attempting to access the dde.
I have overwritten the T_GTRP. Prg file in Ecu folder with the version from daten69. Which should be newer than the current flash.

INPA works on other modules. NCS can communicate with the DDE and a blank man file hasn't helped reset the learned variables.

Starting to loose my way with it.
easy fix
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 04:10 AM   #6
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

So I got there with the file d73n57kwp.ipo and ini added to the ecu table in cfdat.

However there is no learned variables reset option. There is deletions available for injection quantity, lambda values etc but not anything related to the equipment on the car.

I think it must be a specific flash for auto/manual.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #7
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So I got there with the file d73n57kwp.ipo and ini added to the ecu table in cfdat. However there is no learned variables reset option. There is deletions available for injection quantity, lambda values etc but not anything related to the equipment on the car. I think it must be a specific flash for auto/manual.
I'm NOT clear on what you are trying to "Reset" or why. INPA > DME/DDE > F8 Clear Selected Adaptations (or all Adaptations) can be used to allow a particular system to "Start Over" and learn new Adaptations. I haven't used it, but that is my understanding of its function. That is for MSV80 DME in 3/2007 328xi, and your INPA Menu for DDE73N57 may differ.

I'm a bit confused what "equipment on the car" you have replaced or repaired, or are trying to affect control of by clearing existing Adaptations. Any system controlled by the DME/DDE which "Adapts" to small changes in Inputs over time can be reset to "Start Over" to more quickly adjust to changes in INPUTS received by the Module resulting from repairs or replacements. That's my current Concept. Please advise if yours differs.
George
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 10:09 AM   #8
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

The ECU has come from an auto and is going in a manual. It has errors for missing messages from systems related to auto trans. As a result the radiator fan is at 100% duty.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #9
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The ECU has come from an auto and is going in a manual. It has errors for missing messages from systems related to auto trans. As a result the radiator fan is at 100% duty.
I have never used NCS (one of other BMW Standard Tools), but my SWAG would be that is a "simple" (if you've done "Coding" ;-) change of options available, NOT a change of the program or "Flash".

AFAIK, there SHOULD be an option for "Gear Shift Indicator" or other option related to AT communication which can either be enabled or disabled (aktiv/ nicht aktiv). Since I've never used NCS, other than to look at the menus, I can only guess.

Please let us know how it goes, and if you have time, please educate us on the use of NCS or whatever ultimately gets the job done.
George
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 11:07 AM   #10
Andystobbs
Captain
Rep

Solved! I eventually threw caution to the winds and let my Autel Ms909 use its programming function to reflash the DDE to a different ZB number. Which it auto detected in the same way as ISTA D does.

All works properly now.
Thanks for your input!

Also for the benefit of any future readers...
Tool32 didn't offer a variables reset either. The two 'loschen' jobs didn't change anything.

There is no coding option for transmission.

Last edited by Andystobbs; 03-08-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0