02-16-2022, 09:21 AM   #1
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Storage Compartment iX50

Came across an interesting video (looks like Polish, with English subtitles available), where he demonstrates the cargo floor actually folding back twice, and it appeared the flat forward area might accommodate storage for the problematic, non-folding cargo cover (about 3:00 in the video - also shows off the Sophisto Grey paint option pretty well). Anyone know if this is the case?

* And a little farther in the video, he demonstrates that the "washer fluid" port actually locks when you lock the car - something else not clear or explained in anything I saw, and actually a great feature to prevent a random passer-by from adding something you don't want in your washer tank (if they knew how it opened). Also noted the driver attention IR monitors on the side of the instrument cluster - something I don't believe is present in the X5 (and which can't be turned off in the iX).

Last edited by Paladin1; 02-16-2022 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 2
ggalanis2469.00
LittleJoe1064.00
      02-16-2022, 10:16 AM   #2
PhilD
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX 50

Damnit, I wish I'd seen this a couple of hours ago before I went for my second test drive so that I could have checked this out. The parcel shelf is a problem as there didn't seem to be anywhere to put it so we figured we'd end up leaving it at home somewhere (we have dogs who will sometimes go in the boot).
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 06:32 PM   #3
Bird~Dawg
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X5 40e

I read somewhere that the second flat area under the boot floor is just a bit too small for the parcel shelf to fit. If true, that would be a whiff by BMW IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 09:50 PM   #4
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird~Dawg View Post
I read somewhere that the second flat area under the boot floor is just a bit too small for the parcel shelf to fit. If true, that would be a whiff by BMW IMHO.
Already noted elsewhere, but I had the opportunity to go over a training demo model with the BMW rep, and in fact we couldn't get the parcel shelf to fit, so scratch that idea....
Appreciate 0