F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sliding armrest
GetBMWParts

02-11-2022, 12:10 PM   #1
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

Sliding armrest

Wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to swap just the actual top piece of the sliding arm rests.

Basically because i have the m performance alcantara one at the minute with the carbon trim on the back. I'm not a fan of alcantara and have a leather sliding arm rest top piece sitting spare. Can I somehow detach the alcantara bit and fit the leather one to retain the carbon bits?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe View Post
Wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to swap just the actual top piece of the sliding arm rests.

Basically because i have the m performance alcantara one at the minute with the carbon trim on the back. I'm not a fan of alcantara and have a leather sliding arm rest top piece sitting spare. Can I somehow detach the alcantara bit and fit the leather one to retain the carbon bits?
Yes it is I switched from a non sliding black leather one to a sliding one of the same type it was fairly straightforward. I used this guys how to
      02-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #3
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

That shows swapping the whole arm rest though, not just the sliding part

This is the part I mean, as I can find photos of the bit separate I guess it is possible. Does anyone know any techniques before I give it a go
Attached Images

Appreciate 0