E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > messed up pull to flash full beam headlights

11-24-2021, 04:11 AM   #1
moomadness
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Red face messed up pull to flash full beam headlights

hi there,

I fear i might have messed up when tinkering the bimmer code app.

last summer i added folding mirrors using the bimmer code and was very pleased with myself for saving £180 at my local garage.

on the back of that glory a few weeks later i was looking at other options and thought i was adding something to the lock with lights. it didnt seem to do anything and not wanting to mess up my cars ecu i left it alone and haven't plugged it back in since.

with the lock down last year my car didnt move and so its only now during the darker nights driving home have i discovered i did do something.

when i pull the headlight stack to flash my high beams the light in the dashboard comes on purple making you think it has flashed. however the lights do not flash.

pushing the stalk for the high beams to stay on works so i believe the lights work fine, but pull to flash doesnt.

the only time pull to flash works is when the car is switched off, i pull the stalk and the high beam comes on (not a flash) and stays on a while.

I plugged in hoping to turn off the feature but it seems that the software now shows far less options (due to morons like me not knowing what we was doing) and expert mode looks totally different and not something i want to tackle without knowing what control i need.

so my question is, does anyone know how what i need to switch back, basic mode doesn't show it so i can only guess its now in expert mode ?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #2
moomadness
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

do not seem to be getting any luck with this post, anyone able to suggest a well priced and reliable garage that can help ? i'm in Epping/Harlow/ Hertford/ Romford area
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 12:54 AM   #3
bmwttftw
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

messed up pull to flash full beam headlights

i can help you . pm me
Appreciate 0