E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > starting issues

11-19-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
eljibaro
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 JB 335i

starting issues

In Sept I picked up an 07 335i w 7800 miles. Ive had a few issues with the car including the fuel pump. Within the past month Ive been having starting issues. Ill put the key in the ignition slot and press the start button and nothing happens. The brake pedal feels hard. It has taken as many as 5 attempts before the pedal gives and the car starts. Does anyone have any insight to this issue? Ive taken the car to the dealership and they cant seem to find any faults (go figure). Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Yeah its a issue thats been known for a while...It only happens when it gets extremely cold outside...My car does the same thing but I will be living with it because I don't want to bring it in and they reprogram my car while fixing that problem,
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
achien
AC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 Post Members Crazy

looks like you've got a lemon...
      11-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #4
munkee
Rep
Drives: '08 328i Sport e90

I had the identical problem about three weeks ago. Stiff break pedal, nothing happens when you push the start button. Actually, my brake pedal went to the floor, then got stiff. My car is an '08 328i with (at the time) less than 3,000 miles on it. I bought the car brand new at the end of July.

Called BMW Roadside and they sent someone to jump it off. They assumed a dead battery. But since the battery is in the trunk, there is an alternate post under the hood for jumping. Unfortunately, hooking that post up to both another vehicle and then a portable jump box had no effect. So then the technician grabbed the jump post and shook it. And that's when the car started.

Dealership could find no problems with my car afterwards as well. They assumed it was a poor electrical connection somewhere. So I am at the same loss as you are as to what is going on.

Only had the start problem once. Brake peddle was stiff again another time, but the car started fine.

Also since then, every other day or so, I've noticed that the mpg needle at the bottom of tachometer shakes and clicks when I first put the key in the dash. First time I noticed it was the time the car wouldn't start. Have you by chance seen that in your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
eljibaro
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 JB 335i

The 335 doesent come with the MPG needle...I havent had any issues with any of the needles. I understand that other members have had this issue when it was cold outside, but my car is garage kept. I doubt that the temp falls below 40 degrees at night inside the garage during this time of the year. Coud anyone give me more insight?
Appreciate 0