E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > e93 recall

11-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #1
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 987 Boxster & R56 Cooper S

e93 recall

Got back from the states last week and had a message that my car was needed in for a recall. Having called them to find out the details it seems they need to re-programme a control unit as there is a danger the car could suffer a sudden loss of power.

Fortunately they were able to get the car in pretty quickly and now I've got it back it seems to drive much better. Acceleration is much smoother and although it's early days I don't seem to be getting any of the intermittent hesitation when pulling away.

Anyone else had this done?

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

What's the build date of your car and which engine? Also I'd have thought such a recall would not apply to all E9x. If it's a 335i and I get the latest software then I'm especially interested!

Last edited by clivem2; 11-13-2008 at 07:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
What's the build date of your car and which engine? Also I'd have thought such a recall would apply to all E9x. If it's a 335i and I get the latest software then I'm especially interested!
It's a 325i March '07 build with the 3.0 engine and high pressure system which I believe is the same as the 335i. I didn't ask or get any more info about the recall from the dealer other than that posted above.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 07:59 AM   #4
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

I missed out a vital "not" in my hurried typing. Anyway I think you understood what I was saying. This is for the high pressure fuel pump?
      11-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by miopyk View Post
It's a 325i March '07 build with the 3.0 engine and high pressure system which I believe is the same as the 335i. I didn't ask or get any more info about the recall from the dealer other than that posted above.

Miopyk
Mines also 325 March build, heard nothing but was in recently for set of injectors.
      11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Heard nothing yet, but it's due a visit soon, when I can be bothered to book it in! Will prob get done then. If it stops the hesitation when pulling away I am more keen on getting it sorted tho
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
I missed out a vital "not" in my hurried typing. Anyway I think you understood what I was saying. This is for the high pressure fuel pump?
They didn't say it was for the fuel pump specifically, which incidentally I had replaced last May due to failure, but that it was for a control unit. I presume this has some connection to the fuel, ignition or engine management system since the reason given for the recall was attributable to a loss of power.

Either way 2 days later my car is running much better and I've had no hesitation at all which I used to get intermittently on an almost daily basis. I also think the fuel economy has improved slightly too, not that I thought it was too bad before.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #8
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
They didn't say it was for the fuel pump specifically, which incidentally I had replaced last May due to failure, but that it was for a control unit. I presume this has some connection to the fuel, ignition or engine management system since the reason given for the recall was attributable to a loss of power.

Either way 2 days later my car is running much better and I've had no hesitation at all which I used to get intermittently on an almost daily basis. I also think the fuel economy has improved slightly too, not that I thought it was too bad before.

Miopyk
Hi Miopyk

How is the car running now - still better?

Got mine booked in to have the injectors replaced (can't do it for two weeks because I will need a loaner) amongst other faults

Just hoping it cures my hesitation when pulling away!

Will let you know how I get on
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #9
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Hi Miopyk

How is the car running now - still better?

Got mine booked in to have the injectors replaced (can't do it for two weeks because I will need a loaner) amongst other faults

Just hoping it cures my hesitation when pulling away!

Will let you know how I get on
Day to day running is transformed. No hesitation when pulling away, much smother idle and improved fuel economy. I think this is the way the car should have been like from new.

Ironic thing is I took it in 6 months ago for rough idle and hesitation and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Go figure.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
M3-FAST
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Day to day running is transformed. No hesitation when pulling away, much smother idle and improved fuel economy. I think this is the way the car should have been like from new.

Ironic thing is I took it in 6 months ago for rough idle and hesitation and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Go figure.

Miopyk
Mine has just returned from the dealer to have a number of faults rectified - they have also re-programmed my 'control unit' as well as fitted a new set of injectors

Car now seems a LOT smoother without the hesitation when pulling away

They also cured a rattle in my roof, high gloss shadow line trim falling off & a creaking drivers seat but could not find why my left hand storage compartment in the boot fills up with water .
Appreciate 0