E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Speed Religion - Re-mapping Excellence !!

11-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Speed Religion - Re-mapping Excellence !!

Okay, as some of you may have read recently on here, I have been mulling over getting a re-map done on my E92 330d.........

Anyway, I finally bit the bullet today, and called into Speed Religion (Ant`s place in Warrington) on the off-chance that Ant may be able to sort it out.

On arriving, I found that Ant was clearly busy, but, as usual, took the time out to discuss the re-map with me, and what I could expect.

The software used is Superchips, and provides figures of approx 275 bhp, and 427 lbs/ft of torque, and is uploaded by the usual obd-port method. The whole process took approx 30 mins.

My thoughts on it.........? Well, myself and Ant went for a quick run-out before I left, and in all honesty, the transformation is absolutely STUNNING !!! This thing pulls like a blo*dy train in every gear, and there is definitely less turbo-lag, (although that`s not to say that the lag has completely gone, for those old-school turbo lovers, like me, that like the old-fashioned shove in the back ) The lag is, however, less pronounced.

All I can say, for anyone contemplating getting this done, it`s an absolute " MUST ", and you will be thoroughly impressed, as I am, with the massive increase in both power, and torque.

And again, I can once more highly recommend Speed Religion as an excellent outfit; the staff of which cannot do enough for you.

In summary; re-map: fantastic, and Speed Religion, again...........fantastic !

Last edited by encee; 11-06-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
i have a superchips remap too, must say it changed the car,
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Good work Encee, lets face it it was only a matter of time before you gave in and got it done.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
Good work Encee, lets face it it was only a matter of time before you gave in and got it done.

Err..........yes Will, I think it was always a forgone conclusion !
      11-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Nice one!! The difference is excellent is it not.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Ant is a good bloke. Contemplating the remap for the m6

glad you like the map. after you stop flooring it everywhere (if) you should see better economy.

encee whereabouts are you based
      11-06-2008, 04:35 PM   #7
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Glad you are happy, Ant's a quality geeze, hope he can make the next meet.

Your car must fly now. Just confused how there would be less lag when your running more boost.
      11-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #8
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I live just north of Warrington Steve, and yes, having just been out again for a blast (whilst the roads are quieter) I can confirm that this thing is now a total monster.

I simply cannot believe the change. Don`t get me wrong, the 330d is quite sufficient as standard, and will happily leave most mainstream things at will, but now this........this is something else again !

Something else that I`ve learned tonight, as well: All the peeps on here, that own an auto, will realise that the Steptronics have 3 gearbox-modes, ie: D, DS, and finally Manual, and you can switch freely between the 3 modes whilst on the move.

To be honest, until now, I haven`t really seen the point of DS mode, as I am either pootling about in D mode (which is the default mode when starting the engine), or Manual mode when I want to have a play.

Tonight, however, and post-remap, DS mode somehow seems to make more sense, as it really does keep the revs in the "sweet-spot", thus maintaining the optimum torque-thrust also. Okay, I`m sorry if this sounds a bit "Star-Trek", but you know what I mean............

I will probably be leaving Manual mode pretty much alone now, as I realise now why the 335d is only available in auto, and that is simply because the torque has you accelerating so quickly, that you hardly get time to even think about changing gear. Okay, I know that some of this is down to the meagre rev-range you get in a diesel, but again.........

Anyway, should ANYONE with a 330d be thinking about this, you have to get it done.

Talk about well-worth the money !!!!!!!!
      11-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Glad you are happy, Ant's a quality geeze, hope he can make the next meet.

Your car must fly now. Just confused how there would be less lag when your running more boost.

Don`t know Carl; maybe Ant`ll be along at some point to enlighten us, but I noticed it even before he mentioned it, so it wasn`t something he "suggested", and I took on board.

I know what you`re saying, but as I said, I don`t have the technical know-how to explain that one...........
      11-07-2008, 02:33 AM   #10
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is, Lambo Gallardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by encee View Post
Don`t know Carl; maybe Ant`ll be along at some point to enlighten us, but I noticed it even before he mentioned it, so it wasn`t something he "suggested", and I took on board.

I know what you`re saying, but as I said, I don`t have the technical know-how to explain that one...........
Hey Neil,

I would never say that I told you so... and I am really gald that your happy, it makes my job even more purposeful.

The remap changes more parameters than just fueling and as such, we can alter a few areas to lessen the lag and increase the willingness fo the turbo to spool up.

Neil was in a bit of a rush, so we did what we could to complete the process effeciently as possible and this was done in around 30 mins on his car from start to finish.

Its worth noting that we do offer a MOBILE remap service which is done in camparable times, so if anybody is a little pushed for time, we can travel to you and can be pretty quick if needed...

ant.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #11
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Hey Neil,

I would never say that I told you so... I am really glad that your happy, it makes my job even more purposeful.

The remap changes more parameters than just fuelling and as such, we can alter a few areas to lessen the lag and increase the willingness of the turbo to spool up.

Neil was in a bit of a rush, so we did what we could to complete the process efficiently as possible and this was done in around 30 mins on his car from start to finish.

Its worth noting that we do offer a MOBILE remap service which is done in comparable times, so if anybody is a little pushed for time, we can travel to you and can be pretty quick if needed...

ant.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #12
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
In summary; re-map: fantastic, and Speed Religion, again...........fantastic !
Congrats Neil

You know what would compliment that re-map nicely - a Quaife diff

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 04:18 AM   #13
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Neil Get her down to a drag strip. Im really interested in what a mapped 330d can do.
      11-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #14
Beaky
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 (C7) S Line

I'd like to add to the praise for Ant, I contacted him a few weeks ago to give my car up as the 'mule' for the 318d mapping. Through Ant I was put in contact with Superchips direct and went there last week to have my car re-mapped.

What can I say, it is a totally different car. I'm not fussed about having tons of power but the car is so much more driveable now and overtaking is simple and safe whereas before you had to look for long gaps before trying to pass lorries. For anyone with the new x18d engine I'd fully recommend it, driving 'normally' there is little difference apart from an increase in mpg, whizzing the needle round the rev counter a bit more gives a really satisfying shove in the back - the speed it gets to 80 now is phenomenal!

Rich.

Current: Audi A6 (C7) S Line
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #15
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaky View Post
I'd like to add to the praise for Ant, I contacted him a few weeks ago to give my car up as the 'mule' for the 318d mapping. Through Ant I was put in contact with Superchips direct and went there last week to have my car re-mapped.

What can I say, it is a totally different car. I'm not fussed about having tons of power but the car is so much more driveable now and overtaking is simple and safe whereas before you had to look for long gaps before trying to pass lorries. For anyone with the new x18d engine I'd fully recommend it, driving 'normally' there is little difference apart from an increase in mpg, whizzing the needle round the rev counter a bit more gives a really satisfying shove in the back - the speed it gets to 80 now is phenomenal!

Rich.
Im just really happy to help out Rich, glad your enjoying your 'new' car mate.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #16
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II View Post
Congrats Neil

You know what would compliment that re-map nicely - a Quaife diff

Yeah, LOL ! Ant was telling me about the diff, mate, sounds like a great idea, especially with the roads greasing up nicely now with all this sh1te weather.........

Take it that it`s transformed yours ?
      11-07-2008, 10:23 AM   #17
asianwolf
Rep
Drives: G30 530D xDrive M Sport

Quote:

Rich.
Hi Beaky, with regards to your remap, do you know the post-remap figures for BHP and torque. Any contact details would also be appreciated. I also have the 318D Edition M Sport and whilst its a great car, the engine needs a bit of life.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 10:27 AM   #18
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Nice one!! The difference is excellent is it not.

Enjoy.

Cheers BB !
      11-07-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Beaky
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 (C7) S Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianwolf View Post
Hi Beaky, with regards to your remap, do you know the post-remap figures for BHP and torque. Any contact details would also be appreciated. I also have the 318D Edition M Sport and whilst its a great car, the engine needs a bit of life.

Hi mate,

The person I dealt with the Michael Anderson who is a calibration engineer, main superchip number is 01280 816781 - I hope he doesn't mind me putting that up, if anyone thinks different let me know and I'll edit the post.

I went to the main place in Buckingham as I only live down the road from it. I think I ended up with about +35bhp (might have been 40) and 80 ish NM of torque. I guess it'll pop up on there website soon enough as a product. You really need to get it done, the difference is stunning

Cheers.

Current: Audi A6 (C7) S Line
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #20
Spin
fast Cars are safer
England
Rep
Drives: 335d M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Hi mate,

The person I dealt with the Michael Anderson who is a calibration engineer, main superchip number is 01280 816781 - I hope he doesn't mind me putting that up, if anyone thinks different let me know and I'll edit the post.

I went to the main place in Buckingham as I only live down the road from it. I think I ended up with about +35bhp (might have been 40) and 80 ish NM of torque. I guess it'll pop up on there website soon enough as a product. You really need to get it done, the difference is stunning

Cheers.
I've used the guys at Superchips HQ in bucks 5 times now and excellent service every time, no tongue in cheek power claims just good honest rempping, I believe Ant gets his own 'Speed religion' maps from superchips but unique to him and tweaked to his requirements, no doubting the service from either establishment.

I'm actually tempted to have the 2nd car, a 130i mapped, I know the gains will be minimal in comparison to a forced induction but hey 10 bhp is 10bhp

"Fast Cars are Safer..."
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:02 AM   #21
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
Ant is a good bloke. Contemplating the remap for the m6

glad you like the map. after you stop flooring it everywhere (if) you should see better economy.

encee whereabouts are you based
Contemplating??

Do it and you'll come back with nothing but praise. Outright power won't go up a huge amount but the throttle response and drivability is much better from a good remap.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 05:04 AM   #22
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
How much slower is the M5 compared to the M6. I have seen a 5TH gear epidose where the M5 was like 0.2 secs behind over a lap of anglesey.

Straightline performance i dont rekon there is much in it. What do you fellaz think?