ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

HELP with Multi-Function Steering Wheel install

I plan on installing a MFST (no paddles) from a 2005 Z4 that I won from ebay onto my 03 Z4. I've seen a thread here on removing the steering wheel and another thread about retrofitting the MFST w/paddle shifts on Z4-forum. Does anyone have some step by step or DIY instructions to help me with installing the MFST? How about parts and part #s? Is this really a DIY job or should I take my Z to a local BMW shop (not the stealer)?

I would really appreciate any advice

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...

Last edited by misterawa; 10-14-2008 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
misterawa
United_States
Rep

Anyone

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
1st_Knight
'Entwicklung 85 - Zukunft4'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 SMG DINAN S1

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterawa View Post
Anyone

Hey Bro, I see you got yourself an updated steering wheel... ...Anyways, what's your e-mail address I will send you the OEM install instructions...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
misterawa
United_States
Rep

Thanks David for the instructions. I was able to locate the parts and I'm gonna attempt to do the install.

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #5
pechs2k
Private
Rep
Drives:

hi, does this mean you can control ur stereo via the 05 wheel to the 03 z4?

what if u were to purchase an Z4M steering wheel, would this fit and work?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
misterawa
United_States
Rep

Yes, you can control the stereo with the 05 multifunction steering wheel on a 03 Z4. Install was very easy. I'm not too sure about the Z4M wheel, but I believe it should work as well. Good luck and let us know.

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
simonplummer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4 3.0 SE

Instructions...

Hi there, Is there any chance you could forward on the instructions to me or post them in the forum - I fancy having a go at this retrofit too.

Thanks in advance.

Si
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
EMP07
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4M

same here, can it be posted on the forum somewhere?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
misterawa
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonplummer View Post
Hi there, Is there any chance you could forward on the instructions to me or post them in the forum - I fancy having a go at this retrofit too.

Thanks in advance.

Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1soul View Post
same here, can it be posted on the forum somewhere?

Attached are the instructions for the retrofit kit, which should be quite helpful for the install. Here's some helpful info from a thread on Z4-forum. http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewto...899&hilit=mfsw You will need to buy p/n 61-13-0-005-197 at around $1.50 from your local dealer for item H (retrofit cable) which is not easily available in the US.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Z4_Multi-Function_Button_Retrofit_Kit.pdf (612.3 KB, 2013 views)

Appreciate 0