E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > 09 - C63 - Detail - Product Review - DoDo Juice

10-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

09 - C63 - Detail - Product Review - DoDo Juice

Hi Guys. I am new to this forum, but not to the detailing world. One of my best friends growing up owns a detail shop here in NY. I decided to get away from the norm and try some of my own products and give the car that personal touch. The car is about 2months old and still had the original dealers wax and such on it, which wasn't too bad. But the car needed it. Weather was perfect..mid 60's and breezy.

I used some of the left over Adam's car wash I had in my Foam Cannon to help let the car soak. Fall has already started to come fast here in NY with rain. After allowing the car to soak a little, I started to let the P21S cleaner get to work on the wheels. 5 minutes later with mild aggitation...the dirt was literally rolling off. I then started to wash the car with the Perls soap which is very mild...but the adam's pre soak helped a lot to remove the dirt. Once the car was washed, I then broke out the Wolfgang clay lube and clay and began running around the car lubing and claying. Not much contaminants and dirt as you can imagine for it being a new car. Most of the dirt and particles was from the front/rear bumpers and fenders. After the clay, I set up a new bucket with some Duragloss 901 soap and began washing down the car. Amazing, car looked great after the clay and wash...and still had some softness to the touch. I then used a foam applicator and started to use the DoDo Lime Pre Wax which went on easy and came off just as easy. The hardest part I had on the day, was not enough consistent light to see where I had completely applied the wax. I did literally half the car and went back to remove it with a micro-fiber which seemed to work out fine. The car did look and feel great with just the Pre-Wax. Now the fun part...I opened the Light Fantastic Wax and ooooh baby it smelled great. Was a little hard at first..but once I started getting my fingers in there..it loosened up ( no pun intended :lol ) I literally put some of the wax in my hand, and massaged it into the paint on the car. I did the entire car in 1 shot which took about 20 minutes. 2 Microfiber towels and a buffing towel got the wax off just right. To finish it off, I used some FK425 to wipe the car down for anything I missed.

The wheels, yikes...Very dirty and a lot of spokes. The P21S did a good job of getting 80% of all the dirt off, but I still went back and washed it with a microfiber mitt and duragloss soap. A quick rinse and dry was all it took. I then applied the Armor All Tire Gel which is great for the money. I tried to use my Swissvax Autobahn wheel wax, but it is very difficult to use. Small container and doesn't go on as easy as I would like. SO, I just used my Opti-Seal. Great product.

All in all, I must say that the DoDo products are amazing. Just 1 coat of the wax was all it took to get the depth and wetness look in the paint. The Clay along with the Pre-Wax got all the little dirt marks/specs off the paint. I very happy the way the things came out. I think for the next couple of weeks, I will use the Opti-Seal until I give the car another wax. At $70 a container for wax, I can wait a little.

Sorry for the bad pics and long write-up. I didn't take too many before or during pictures, but you can see the dirt..after is what counts

Thanks to George from DI for hooking me up with the DoDo and advice.

Wash & Dry
Adam's Car Wash/Einszett Perls (used with foam cannon, had some extra adams to use to help let the car soak) then I scrubbed it with the Perls which is very mild.
Duragloss 901 - was used after the claying.
Jumbo Waffle Weave Microfiber

Wheels and Tires
P21S Wheel Cleaner
Swissvax Wheel Brush
E-Z Detail Brush
Opti-Seal
FK425
Armor All Tire Gel

Exhaust
Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish
FK425

Clay
Wolfgang Elastic Poly Clay
Wolfgang Clay Lubricant
16x16 Cobra Microfiber Towel

Glass
Stoner's Invisible Glass
FK425

Pre-Wax & Wax
DoDo Lime Price Pre Wax Cleanser
DoDo Light Fantastic Soft Wax
FK425

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
14' Audi RS7 / NARDO GREY / ADV1

Last edited by Jay Slay; 10-06-2008 at 07:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
gPiplay
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 双门轿

Love it! What kind of HRE's are those? Did you have to get the 2 pieces finished differently, or does it come like that??
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
zaxjax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 Crimson Red 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [9.00]
Looks good!

Any shots in the sun?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #4
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxjax View Post
Looks good!

Any shots in the sun?
I'll try to take more today. There wasn't much sun yesterday.

The HRE's were custom done like that from HRE directly.

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 08:56 AM   #5
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

Looks good - don't forget the inside of the wheel! The E-Z detail brush should make that a breeze

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Beautiful car and excellent detail on it! The reflection shots look very crisp, detailed, wet and glossy, which is often difficult to achieve on lighter colors. Glad to hear you were pleased with the Dodo Juice products you used. Keep up the stunning work.

George
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #7
JOYRIIDE1113
Pirate
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailing Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggingaditch View Post
Looks good - don't forget the inside of the wheel! The E-Z detail brush should make that a breeze
Actually, the insides of those wheels and others Ive dealt with have almost a grainy texture, making brake dust a lot harder to clean off. I would not be surprised if thats the actual end result of the insides of those wheels being cleaned.
sure Vintage is rad, but if they screw up the prep it won't matter if they coat it in pure white carnauba picked from trees that bloom every ten years during a full moon; it will still look like ass. ---PICUS
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
omgitselainee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Not for nothing but i luv the shine on the tires was that from Armorall Tire Gel ??? Ive been " in search " of one that i luv so much id simply stick with that one !!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOYRIIDE1113 View Post
Actually, the insides of those wheels and others Ive dealt with have almost a grainy texture, making brake dust a lot harder to clean off. I would not be surprised if thats the actual end result of the insides of those wheels being cleaned.
You hit the nail on the head..trust me, I scrubbed. When I re-finish the wheels, I will do that piece black as well.

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitselainee View Post
Not for nothing but i luv the shine on the tires was that from Armorall Tire Gel ??? Ive been " in search " of one that i luv so much id simply stick with that one !!
You bet. It's from the Armor All Tire Gel. My suggestion, put it on at night and let it cure for the next day...

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #11
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

looks real good

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:13 PM   #12
cgpublic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 A3 2.0T Quattro

Nice Writeup!

Welcome to the forum! I'm located in Chester Heights. Is your friend's shop in Mount Vernon?

The Light Fantastic looks great - I'm interested in checking out Dodo's Blue Velvet or Purple Haze for my Montego.

Past: 2008 E90 328xi | Montego Blue | Dakota Black | Brushed Aluminum
Packages & Options: Premium | Sport | Xenon | CA | Heated Seats | iPod
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #13
Jay Slay
Half Man, Half Amazing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post
Welcome to the forum! I'm located in Chester Heights. Is your friend's shop in Mount Vernon?

The Light Fantastic looks great - I'm interested in checking out Dodo's Blue Velvet or Purple Haze for my Montego.
Oh haha..I have actually been on this forum for a long time. I cut and copied that from the Autopia forum I just joined. My friends shop is in elmsford call Auto Spa.

Thanks for the props. I am going to take pics of the car tomorrow when the sun is out and the wax has had time to cure.

Instagram - jay__slay
15' NISSAN GTR ALPHA 9
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #14
ManyMoonsAgo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpublic View Post

Detailed Image delivered my pot of Purple Haze late last week and I applied two coats over the weekend to my Montego Blue coupe. I will take and post pics as soon as the sun comes out!

As far as application, I for grins tried the 'by hand' method on half the hood and foam applicator on the other half of the hood. By hand is definitely unique, but I personally felt I was able to get a much thinner, consistent layer using the pad, so I finished the car that way.
Appreciate 0