E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E93 windscreen/roof join rust

07-14-2020, 05:11 PM   #1
mjcp
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 convertible

E93 windscreen/roof join rust

I have a recently acquired 04/2012 e93 which is showing songs of corrosion on the top of the windscreen, where the folding roof meets the windscreen.

The car is Approved Used, so I will be discussing with the retailing dealer.

The point of this post is to ask if anyone else has seen or had this too?

It looks like the rubber seals of the roof have not been cleaned in some time - they are dirty, hard and green. Is cleaning part of the std. maintenance? Ie part of a service?

Once the seals were hard and contaminated, this has worn the paint through at the two ends of the seal (the seal is harder at the 5cm/2” at each end).

On the passenger side, this has worn through to enough to allow corrosion to start and show orange.

My expectation would be this should have been spotted and corrected before retail. Any thoughts?

Cheers in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0