F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I've coded active hybrid in plugin F30
Extreme Powerhouse

06-28-2020, 10:31 AM   #1
Fred330e
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 MSport iPrestige

I've coded active hybrid in plugin F30

I know it may sounds greedy, but how would you monetise this code?

Still working on it as when living from stationary need to be extremely gentle with the foot, but much better mpg.

on the bmw connected gives around 335mpg when all full (almost, done 5 miles yesterday after full tank and coded today)

Also found how to activate efficient dynamics for diesel cars who may don't have it..
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
obert1781.00
Thirtye23.00
      06-28-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
Thirtye
Rep
Drives: 330e

I don't understand what you are saying, you have a 330e and have coded it to think it is an activehybrid3?

as a result you are seeing better mpg than standard?

335mpg would be about 3000 miles per tank

unless you mean 335miles of range, but that is affected by how you drive the car and is no higher than I would expect to see with a full tank and charged battery.

probably just reset the stored values when you coded.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Fred330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirtye View Post
I don't understand what you are saying, you have a 330e and have coded it to think it is an activehybrid3?

as a result you are seeing better mpg than standard?

335mpg would be about 3000 miles per tank

unless you mean 335miles of range, but that is affected by how you drive the car and is no higher than I would expect to see with a full tank and charged battery.

probably just reset the stored values when you coded.
Sorry, yes, range, my was givin about 80 miles less(220/250ish)

I have the active hybrid logo on the dash, the car now kills almost the all of the battery juice and charges much quicker.
Before wouldn't go below 7/6% and try to charge it..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:29 PM   #4
Thirtye
Rep
Drives: 330e

I think the added range is as a result of the coding resetting the ecu figures then.

if the engine has started during the trip the car will allow the battery to go lower before restarting as it uses some battery starting from cold to maintain the functions.

I use max battery mode first and use all of my battery as hybrid mode seems to use the engine sooner and the battery level also drops when it is running.

see what your figures show in a few weeks as this will be a better reflection of what the car assumes you can get based on your driving style.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #5
Fred330e
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirtye View Post
I think the added range is as a result of the coding resetting the ecu figures then.

if the engine has started during the trip the car will allow the battery to go lower before restarting as it uses some battery starting from cold to maintain the functions.

I use max battery mode first and use all of my battery as hybrid mode seems to use the engine sooner and the battery level also drops when it is running.

see what your figures show in a few weeks as this will be a better reflection of what the car assumes you can get based on your driving style.
I drive in London as private hire, the less that I do is 120 miles a day...to make it last longer I was switching with auto from stop and at some speed was going to battery save to regenerate some power, doing that I could make last the battery about 5h but then the managment of the battery was terrible and I was ending up with a low 30mpg.
Now, I've only used for a 10/15 miles, but the mpg I beli e is higher then 48mpg.
Tomorrow I will run on battery until it dryes out(may be one hour) then I'll not touch the edrive control and I'll have better numbers
Appreciate 0