F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > EPS Servotronic problem
Studio RSR

06-09-2020, 03:27 AM   #1
rifle2000
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

EPS Servotronic problem

Hi everyone!

I recently become owner of F30 328i.
I know from previous owner that steering rack was replaced due to failure. From what I read it should change steering servo force depended of mode you driving in but I don't feel any of that. I don't have any errors in ISTA in EPS and everything seems fine. Does anyone had this behaviour? I coded EPS just in case something was wrong with coding but behaviour is the same. Since there are no errors I don't know where to look. I read about FSC coding but that is area where I have no experience. Any advice? Is it possible that variable steering force is somehow disabled? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Yes, it is possible to deactivate the tight steering under Sport mode settings if you have this button (Not all Cars have it).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
rifle2000
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Yes, it is possible to deactivate the tight steering under Sport mode settings if you have this button (Not all Cars have it).
I have and I have enabled suspension and drive under sport mode but still no difference in steering changing modes. Additional steering feels bit heavy to me overall.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 01:39 AM   #4
Skonrad07
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F34

Hey. I have the same problem. After I have changed my rack servo not working. Did you find a solition?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 01:41 AM   #5
Skonrad07
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle2000 View Post
Hi everyone!

I recently become owner of F30 328i.
I know from previous owner that steering rack was replaced due to failure. From what I read it should change steering servo force depended of mode you driving in but I don't feel any of that. I don't have any errors in ISTA in EPS and everything seems fine. Does anyone had this behaviour? I coded EPS just in case something was wrong with coding but behaviour is the same. Since there are no errors I don't know where to look. I read about FSC coding but that is area where I have no experience. Any advice? Is it possible that variable steering force is somehow disabled? Thanks in advance.
Hey. I have the same problem. After I have changed my rack servo not working. Did you find a solition?
Appreciate 0