F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding minimum battery level on hybrid
Extreme Powerhouse

06-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
azrial03
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 330e

Coding minimum battery level on hybrid

I have 2016 330e hybrid fully loaded. The hybrid on feature on this car is a bit of a joke with only 12 usable miles on full electric (charges fast and not bad running to the store real quick). However, I absolutely love the benefits it brings to the car. The electrical motors are fun at 310 ft/lbs while still getting 45mpg well not at the same time of course. But the auto/remote start of ac or heater and even the start/stop function is very smoth compared to non hybrids i have driven.

I say all this sense the battery is so small and i don't plug in at night it will drain the battery down to 0% which affects my ac/heater and power and start up.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to code for to auto switch to generator mode at a set percentage and not at 3% to prevent me not having enough power to enjoy the amenities of the car that i love.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2020, 09:15 AM   #2
azrial03
Rep

Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:19 AM   #3
Fred330e
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 MSport iPrestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrial03 View Post
I have 2016 330e hybrid fully loaded. The hybrid on feature on this car is a bit of a joke with only 12 usable miles on full electric (charges fast and not bad running to the store real quick). However, I absolutely love the benefits it brings to the car. The electrical motors are fun at 310 ft/lbs while still getting 45mpg well not at the same time of course. But the auto/remote start of ac or heater and even the start/stop function is very smoth compared to non hybrids i have driven.

I say all this sense the battery is so small and i don't plug in at night it will drain the battery down to 0% which affects my ac/heater and power and start up.

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a way to code for to auto switch to generator mode at a set percentage and not at 3% to prevent me not having enough power to enjoy the amenities of the car that i love.
I have same car, looking to code the speed where the petrol engine kicks in(we have setting from 50 to 80mph, I bet is best at 30ish, so the start off will use electric and the speed is petrol, just acting like a hybrid
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #4
azrial03
Rep

From what I have notice considering my normal commute is all highway I do better mpg in comfort mode than eco and doesn't drain the battery as much. It tends to kick in about 45mph vs eco 60mph. But i would be interested in looking how to code that as well.
Appreciate 0