Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > A little help with choosing wheels

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-20-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT AWD

Garage List
Exclamation A little help with choosing wheels

Well, first of all I recently just finally registered on here after snooping around here for about a year. So hello everyone.

Anyway, I need some help choosing some wheels. As of right now I have my 2006 Mazda3 and I need some help choosing wheels for it that will fit both this car and my future car. I need a good set of wheels that will both look good on my Mazda3 (Sunlight Silver Metallic) and then on my E92 M3 (Silverstone II) when I purchase one down the line when my lease ends. As far as specifics on the rims I just want something that will look good either in 19" or 20" (unless 20" is pushing it).

I would really appreciate any help as the pictures I always see of BMWs on here always have the sickest wheels so I want a set too.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec693 View Post
Well, first of all I recently just finally registered on here after snooping around here for about a year. So hello everyone.

Anyway, I need some help choosing some wheels. As of right now I have my 2006 Mazda3 and I need some help choosing wheels for it that will fit both this car and my future car. I need a good set of wheels that will both look good on my Mazda3 (Sunlight Silver Metallic) and then on my E92 M3 (Silverstone II) when I purchase one down the line when my lease ends. As far as specifics on the rims I just want something that will look good either in 19" or 20" (unless 20" is pushing it).

I would really appreciate any help as the pictures I always see of BMWs on here always have the sickest wheels so I want a set too.
I seriously doubt you're going to find a wheel to fit both cars. The offsets and bolt patterns are different for each car. With the M3 being RWD and running a staggered fitment, it's a totally different application than a FWD car like the Mazda3.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, I guess I'm stupid because I should've figured something like that, but good enough I'll just wait until I have the car that really matters, my M3. Thanks for the quick reply.

Either way though, I was looking at some wheels on tirerack since I don't really know any other good websites where you can see the wheels on your car like tirerack does, and do you know any wheels that would look good on a SII M3 anyway?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
BTW - you might want to post on the M3-specific side of the forum. Take a look at this thread for starters (the last picture in particular shows the wheels I hope to get for my M3):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171092
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
Alec693
BMWholic
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
BTW - you might want to post on the M3-specific side of the forum. Take a look at this thread for starters (the last picture in particular shows the wheels I hope to get for my M3):
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171092
Ah, true, thanks for the help, checking out that thread gave me a better idea of what would look good.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Yep, definitely need to get two sets of wheels, the bolt patterns and offsets will be different. We have a variety of options for the M3 that would work perfectly
Appreciate 0