E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Bad leak on Driver side footwell.

05-24-2020, 07:48 AM   #1
tomasp001
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Bad leak on Driver side footwell.

Greetings,

I have a 2008 335i. On rainy days the driver side footwell, and the rear driver passenger footwell, gets really wet, not damp. If it rains heavy enough, I wake up to a puddle in the rear driver passenger side footwell. Now I did my research, and cleared all the drains with debris, and checked the doors seals that didnt seem to resolve the problem. My car is usually parked in an angle on my driveway. I had a thought that it might be coming from the front of the car and the water just makes it's way to the back. I went to investigate this thought.

I took out the drain passage way on the driver's side under the hood, took out the trim pieces under the steering wheel, the hood release lever, OBD cover, etc. and pulled the carpet away.. then poured water on the windshield. Then I found the issue.

The leak is coming from the rubber grommet that holds all the wires together. Alot of water is coming into the driver side footwell when i did this test. Has anyone else came across this issue? How do you get this fixed? I am trying to get this fixed as I am scared that this will lead to electrical problems.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by tomasp001; 05-24-2020 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: Missed details.
Appreciate 0