E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > N55 Misfire and possible boost leak help

05-14-2020, 10:01 AM   #1
CudiSTYL
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 N55

N55 Misfire and possible boost leak help

Hello , I've been having really rough cold starts every morning with my car and regularly cuts out after trying to drive off if I don't give it a lot of gas (only in the morning when still cold). I've looked up the codes I'm having and I've been getting lots of mixed answers with either HPFP, Coils , plugs , and injectors . Plugs were recently done w/ N20 gapped @ .022. I have some logs that I took of the car a couple days ago but I've got not a single clue in how to read it.

Car is FBO 2011 E92 N55 on MHD Stg2+ W/ VRSF 7.5" intercooler , VRSF catless downpipe , BMS intake , and CPE Chargepipe

Codes:

2EE2 - combustion misfire, several cylinders: damaging exhaust gas after start sequence

2EEC - combustion misfire cylinder 3: damaging exhaust gas after start sequence

2EFE - misfire several cylinders: damaging to catalytic converters or damaging exhaust gas

2F01 - misfire, cylinder 3 : damaging to catalytic converters or damaging exhaust gas

I've also noticed a whist sound when accelerating at low RPMs in high gear. Car has done that since I've bought it 2 years ago and always assumed it was normal until someone pointed it out to me and noticed I wasn't reaching peak boost through MHD monitors (max boost hit has been ~17 PSI under hard acceleration) possible diverter valve ??

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

https://datazap.me/u/cudistyl/mhd-pu...2-3-7-12-35-41
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #2
CudiSTYL
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 N55

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 03:13 PM   #3
savvyy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I

Hello , did you ever figure out the problem ? I have a lot of the same codes and problems and I can’t seem to find out the problem !?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 09:59 AM   #4
BerkshireBimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335I

Subscribed. I have some similar symptoms and codes as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2023, 09:28 AM   #5
BerkshireBimmer
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335I

Just wanted to follow up if OP figured out the problem?

My issue went away after changing the spark plugs. I did them 45K miles ago. I guess that isn't bad.

The last set of plugs were Bosch. My mechanic recommended that I replace with OEM BMW plugs. This solved my problem. My car is bone stock.

Correct me if I'm wrong, the OEM plugs are made by Bosch. From what I understand there could be different quality control standards between OE and OEM. I've also heard that there could be counterfeit issues with some spark plugs.
Appreciate 0