F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > What are these error codes? (ISTA+)
GetBMWParts

05-05-2020, 01:59 AM   #1
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

What are these error codes? (ISTA+)

I've had my car for a while and it is on a stage 1 tune right now. I tried returning it back to stock several times but there seems to be an issue with the DME malfunctioning and we don't have many software experts locally so I am currently stuck with what I have.

Ever since the tune, oil doesn't last as long as it should which is understandable, but there's a lot of wear and tear going on when it comes to the connecting pipes and mainly the ignition coils and spark plugs.

I haven't been driving a lot lately because of the virus, but I do go to work twice a week and whenever I try to accelerate hard, I get a drivetrain error and I am not getting full power whatsoever. When I drive moderately (90km/h) without pressing the throttle hard, the car runs just fine.

I don't want to visit a local shop nowadays because I am trying to decrease human contact as much as I can until we get through this, so I installed a BMW VM on my laptop and ran diagnostics through ISTA+.

Screenshots of the error codes are attached. The first two screenshots most likely had old errors that no longer exist, which is why when I deleted fault memory the last picture happened.

I am driving a BMW F30 316i 2013 with these retrofits:

1) OEM Bi-Xenon headlights professionally retrofitted (wired extra PIN and coded properly)
2) OEM iDrive NBT Evo with CarPlay professionally retrofitted and properly coded
3) M Performance steering wheel with paddle shifters wired and activated properly

I do have a Vgate BT adapter and I use BimmerCode to code some things, so I might have messed something up in the process which is why headlights are showing up in the fault codes.

I cannot find anything related to the drivetrain problem which is weird. The drivetrain error comes up and goes away after restarting the car, but it's odd that it's not actually stored in the fault codes (unless it is and I can't see it).

Can you please help me out and tell me either how to fix this or what my next steps should be? I was hoping ISTA would tell me exactly which ignition coils need replacement for example because I don't want to buy 4 new ones altogether right now.

Thanks a lot and my apologies for the long post.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 05:35 PM   #2
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Looking at the errors, it's clearly saying that the coding is clearly screwed up. I'd be saying that you need to go back and start again with the coding of those.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #3
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

I agree there may be some coding errors. Also, When was the last time you installed a new battery?
      05-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #4
dmaxdmax
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6-spd

+1 on battery and/or charge it, clear the codes, and see what you get.

...the virus is making a lot of cars sit, but they still have some stuff staying on. Mine always wakes up when I'm near with my key--it's sitting in the window looking out all the time, poor thing.

dmax on FB

My last pre-covid standup set
Appreciate 0