E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > BMW 335d turbo rebuild again puzzle

04-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
Boyd122
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335D bmw 325es 1986

BMW 335d turbo rebuild again puzzle

TDL: bought the car about a year ago, deleted it three weeks into having it because it had 132,000 miles. Turbos where heading south so I took them out and sent them off to be rebuilt in Virginia because local shops won't sell me or rebuild them. Got the turbos back ran them for two or so weeks as you'll see and one day I was heading to work and had loss of power and no boost at all. So that evening I took the car apart, took me a hour to remove the turbos and all, prior to this notice major play in the LP turbo. Anyway, had massive amounts of oil in the downpipe and no play in the hp turbo. So off they went for warranty. Had good oil but where massively hot as the blueing on the exhaust side of the housings. Still don't know how, check all the wastegates and egt Probe and oil lines which all was new. Oil was new as well only 800 miles on the oil and filter. Check out my Instagram for more pictures @that_black_bimmer. The exhaust side on the LP was stuck to the exhaust housing. Very questionable on how this could happened.

List:
Oil used T6 15-40 with mahle filter
New oil lines, gaskets for lines
New copper washers
Exhaust bolts and nuts
Good wastegates
Good downpipe and sensors
Good oil pressure
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Boyd122
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335D bmw 325es 1986

Also considering running the oil in the picture.
Did fill the turbos with oil prior to install and made sure again after installing they had Startup oil.
Appreciate 0