F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Climate control issues
GetBMWParts

04-20-2020, 01:11 PM   #1
mazen222
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Climate control issues

Apologies for reposting if this has been addressed somewhere else.
Since I bought my car a month ago (2014 F32), the climate control turns on automatically every time I turn on the ignition. The system doesn't remember my last saved selection.
So I read here that you can code it to fix that.
I bought the Veepeak, payed for BimmerCode app, plugged it and I get a « Error memory contains Critical errors » on my Climate control unit in the app. So I can't even code it... not even in expert mode.

Can anyone help me find a way around this? Is there perhaps a fuse I can unplug to reset the system?

Thank you,
Maz
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Couple of thoughts:

1- Contact the guy who developed/created BimmerCode (and BimmerLink) and ask him if he can assist; i.e. is this a fault you can reset - he may not know but worth a try.

2- Buy BimmerLink and read/reset your fault codes. The app has three categories of fault codes:

The "Error memory" contains "normal" errors, the "Info memory" contains uncritical errors for information purposes and the "Permanent memory" contains error that can not be cleared manually. If your a/c fault falls into the last category I think you'd need BMW full diagnostic setup to clear fault; you may have a hardware problem such as faulty a/c switch, tho it could also be software glitch.

Good luck/Bill
Appreciate 1
      04-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #3
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

If you expand the AC one with errors, does it list why? The "lack 'o memory" is most likely caused by the "critical errors".
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 12:34 AM   #4
mazen222
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
If you expand the AC one with errors, does it list why? The "lack 'o memory" is most likely caused by the "critical errors".
Quote:
No it does not
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 12:37 AM   #5
mazen222
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazen222 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No it does not
So I contacted BimmerCode (thanks wgosma) and they replied with the following:

there is an error stored in the AC that is an indication that the AC may not function properly anymore after coding and therefore coding is prevented. If you still want to code the AC, deinstall the app (export backups first), reinstall it and then try again. The error may not be present any longer and then you will be able to code the AC. Please note that there is still a risk that the error that has been stored may prevent the AC to funtion properly after the control unit is restarted when coded.

I followed the procedure and it worked with no issues! Mystery solved!
Appreciate 2
Wgosma806.00
Wires1645.50