F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 cic bmw live coding!!
proTUNING Freaks

04-11-2020, 09:54 PM   #1
kevinb21
as long as it runs :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: f30 328i/ e92 335i

F30 cic bmw live coding!!

Hello I have a 2013 bmw 328i with factory navigation, with the extended screen and cic-high with the combox, the car has Bluetooth and office and all that from the factory but bmw assist and live and all the connected drive features don't work, I followed some other threads trying to get Bluetooth data to work but nothing will work. I finally got the checkbox option for Bluetooth data, but it doesn't do anything. How can I code the car so it retrieves data from my phone to activate it's connected drive services, it's a North American model and I am using an iPhone XR, with BimmerCode expert to code it, the vin ends in f444362

Coding advice would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:26 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinb21 View Post
Hello I have a 2013 bmw 328i with factory navigation, with the extended screen and cic-high with the combox, the car has Bluetooth and office and all that from the factory but bmw assist and live and all the connected drive features don't work, I followed some other threads trying to get Bluetooth data to work but nothing will work. I finally got the checkbox option for Bluetooth data, but it doesn't do anything. How can I code the car so it retrieves data from my phone to activate it's connected drive services, it's a North American model and I am using an iPhone XR, with BimmerCode expert to code it, the vin ends in f444362

CIC uses 2G connection in the Combox and 2G Services were discontinued in early 2017, so you will never get those Connected Drive/SOS features working in car.

Seem to recall that internet data could be provided by smartphone years ago, but honestly do not remember if you could do it via Bluetooth or not. In that early tech, might have needed to use a cable instead of BlueTooth.

It's just very old tech and a lot has changed which is why CIC with Navigation ended 7 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
kevinb21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Quote:

CIC uses 2G connection in the Combox and 2G Services were discontinued in early 2017, so you will never get those Connected Drive/SOS features working in car.

Seem to recall that internet data could be provided by smartphone years ago, but honestly do not remember if you could do it via Bluetooth or not. In that early tech, might have needed to use a cable instead of BlueTooth.

It's just very old tech and a lot has changed which is why CIC with Navigation ended 7 years ago.
Yeah, I just saw others getting it to work on cic through Bluetooth and also I was even able to get the checkbox to show up (refer to pictures) I know the sos features are long gone, but I am hoping I can get live or connected drive or SOME connected functionality into the car, other than only Bluetooth music and primaries messages. I was hoping someone knew what code was needed for a North American model with nav and combox, with fdl coding
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:35 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I just saw others getting it to work on cic through Bluetooth and also I was even able to get the checkbox to show up (refer to pictures) I know the sos features are long gone, but I am hoping I can get live or connected drive or SOME connected functionality into the car, other than only Bluetooth music and primaries messages. I was hoping someone knew what code was needed for a North American model with nav and combox, with fdl coding
Again, you cannot get live or Connected Drive. That was only offered via annual subscription through the Combox and portal.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:41 PM   #5
kevinb21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, you cannot get live or Connected Drive. That was only offered via annual subscription through the Combox and portal.
So there is no coding avalible to have the car receive data from my paired phone? I was even able to code it to have the checkbox for Bluetooth data.. it just doesn't work but I have read numerous threads on people getting Bluetooth data to work
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:11 PM   #6
kevinb21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
here is a few examples of others being able to make Bluetooth data work for bmw live on combox/cic equipped cars. I tried them, I just dont have the ability to do Vo coding, only fdl since i am using bimmercode,

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1220632

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=70
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #7
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
here is a few examples of others being able to make Bluetooth data work for bmw live on combox/cic equipped cars. I tried them, I just dont have the ability to do Vo coding, only fdl since i am using bimmercode,

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1220632

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=70
They made it work when 2G Combox still worked if you look at the dates.

All post since that time refer to NBT.

Likewise, as you haven't done VO coding, why would you even expect it to work if it was possible?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-12-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
kevinb21
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Likewise, as you haven't done VO coding, why would you even expect it to work if it was possible?
valid point, i purchased an enet cable and I plan on trying to get my laptop set up today to get the vo coding done, hopefully that works, my logic is that even though 2g service is discontinued the car is working off the phones data so it has no need for bmw's online service.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #9
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

valid point, i purchased an enet cable and I plan on trying to get my laptop set up today to get the vo coding done, hopefully that works, my logic is that even though 2g service is discontinued the car is working off the phones data so it has no need for bmw's online service.
Again, from thread you posted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-12-2020, 11:37 PM   #10
kevinb21
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, from thread you posted.
oh whatever, I have been able to code every missing feature onto my car but at this point this is way too annoying for a result of something nobody ever uses. I guess I will save it for my next bmw next year, hah.

thanks for the clarification!!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2020, 01:06 PM   #11
cjsansom
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Quote:

Just as a point. BMW did send out the offer to upgrade the Combox to GEN2 when 2G was being phased out (which I took advantage of). So I have an ancient 2012 but the updated Combox Gen 2 (part 84102447927) DOES work and does get BMW Live.
Appreciate 0