F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 330e M-Performance diffuser fitment
Extreme Powerhouse

04-06-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
hedgehogclub
Ireland
Rep
Drives: F30 330e LCI

F30 330e M-Performance diffuser fitment

Hi guys,

I have a bit of a niche question here for 330e owners who have retrofitted an M-Performance diffuser to their car, or for someone in the know.

I ordered a non-oem M-Performance diffuser (I know, probably a bad choice) to replace the standard M-Sport one on my 2017 330e, I didn't have much luck in my attempt to fit it today as it seemed to be almost too thin to comfortably be clicked into the top part of the bumper and have the screw holes line up.

I'm wondering with there being extra hybrid kit behind the bumper if there is a specific version for the hybrid model (and part number) - I'm trying to figure out if I've bought a crap knock off, or if I have the wrong part entirely and to make sure I buy the correct part going forward.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did do a search but couldn't find the answer.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2020, 07:48 AM   #2
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehogclub View Post
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a niche question here for 330e owners who have retrofitted an M-Performance diffuser to their car, or for someone in the know.

I ordered a non-oem M-Performance diffuser (I know, probably a bad choice) to replace the standard M-Sport one on my 2017 330e, I didn't have much luck in my attempt to fit it today as it seemed to be almost too thin to comfortably be clicked into the top part of the bumper and have the screw holes line up.

I'm wondering with there being extra hybrid kit behind the bumper if there is a specific version for the hybrid model (and part number) - I'm trying to figure out if I've bought a crap knock off, or if I have the wrong part entirely and to make sure I buy the correct part going forward.

Apologies if this has been asked before, I did do a search but couldn't find the answer.
It should fit unless its a bad mold. I fitted one to my 330e and it was a tight fit with the clips hard to press in. I put some grease on the tip of each clip so it's easier to push into each hole. Made a big difference!

Last edited by jcdub; 04-08-2020 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Fitment is a very real issue with cheap (and not so cheap) non-OEM diffusers regardless of BMW Cat Model.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 11:59 PM   #4
Hybrid330e
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport F30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehogclub View Post
Hi guys,

I installed a standard 328/330 diffuser on mine (non-oem) with no issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 02:50 PM   #5
C330eF2017
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M sport 2017

I fit a standard f30 non-OEM carbon defuser to my 330e. It was a tight fit and if i was to do it again i would gently heat it up a bit first, maybe leave near a radiator for a bit but it did go. I did a fair bit of research before buying and never saw anything specific for the 330e.
Appreciate 0