E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 08 n54 trans swap questions

03-30-2020, 12:54 AM   #1
solace25
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 n54 335i

08 n54 trans swap questions

Not sure if i'm even posting in the right place, i'm just looking for some current help on my situation i tried searching everywhere and yes i did see a post about a 07 project like this but i just want some things to be more clear to me.

New engine is already in( came from a manual car ) so i have the harness from that and the old AT harness. I found the clutch diagram to hook up the clutch module so i think that is pretty clear to me. Just wondering on the best way to approach this do i leave part of the AT harness in or use the new manual harness. I also need some insight on coding aspects and what will i have to code depending if i work around leaving the AT harness in. My friend is the main one working on this and understand most of it along with me but we just want to know exactly how to tackle this part of the swap. I'm willing to pay for some help directly. Someone can contact me somehow.

Everybody has to learn somewhere, just need a steer in the right direction this is just about done.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Xfloridiankicks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by solace25 View Post
Not sure if i'm even posting in the right place, i'm just looking for some current help on my situation i tried searching everywhere and yes i did see a post about a 07 project like this but i just want some things to be more clear to me.

New engine is already in( came from a manual car ) so i have the harness from that and the old AT harness. I found the clutch diagram to hook up the clutch module so i think that is pretty clear to me. Just wondering on the best way to approach this do i leave part of the AT harness in or use the new manual harness. I also need some insight on coding aspects and what will i have to code depending if i work around leaving the AT harness in. My friend is the main one working on this and understand most of it along with me but we just want to know exactly how to tackle this part of the swap. I'm willing to pay for some help directly. Someone can contact me somehow.

Everybody has to learn somewhere, just need a steer in the right direction this is just about done.
Me and my buddy are In the same boat with the harness issue, i pretty much was told to use the auto harness. Manual harness seems to have way to many connections that don't use! Bump!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 04:39 PM   #3
Motopro292
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi Sportwagon

Quote:

Quote:

You don't need any of the auto transmission harness on the engine side. The manual trans harness is only for the reverse lights . Clutch switch is easy. You can find some of the auto wires that come through the firewall and repurpose them instead of tying to push more through. You'll have to tell the CAS and Kombi that it's now a manual so things like reverse lights work.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #4
edirty9_
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I read somewhere that you can tweak the automatic harness and cross a few wires so it fires up, but can’t find the thread anymore
Appreciate 0