E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Using MHD Backend Licence to flash original backed up file?

03-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #1
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Using MHD Backend Licence to flash original backed up file?

Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe and well given the current circumstances?

Im am planning to go to stage 2 in the next few weeks on my N54 335i.
However i was advised that my car was at stage 1 when i bought it, but i wasn`t convinced. So im just playing around trying to confirm the map i had originally was actually stage 1.

As im going to be installing the JB4 with MHD backend flash, i purchased the back end licence and flashed the MHD stage 0 with linear throttle map.

Now the car doesnt feel slower, however it feels a bit different in the sense the power doesnt seem to hit quite as hard in the low RPM, which im thinking maybe down to my driving habit/throttle position. Maybe its all in my head, but i thought i would notice a big difference immediately if I went from stage 1 to stock.

SO, to the point of my thread, MHD of course backed up my original file, which i now want to flash back, but with the MHD options.
However the only option I have is to do the backup/reset flash, which takes 20 mins or so. I am asuming this is removing MHD totally.

My thought is to use the back end flash option, and choose the saved/backed up file, however surely this would be the same as flashing a custom map? Which requires a seperate licence.

The end goal is to flash my original file, with the linear throttle mapping, as this will be the best way to try and see a difference immediately.
Maybe the flash was crap and increased boost pressure only a little, or maybe its again all in my head

Another option would be to check the requested boost pressure in the original file? Can anyone point me to the easiest way of checking?
Free software or somthing?

A further additional detail that may mean somthing to a pro, is that prior to going "back to stock", the power fluctuated ever so slightly when under high boost(youd have to own the car or a N54 yourself i think to notice), this has now stopped since the stage 0 flash?

Thanks for any responses!
Appreciate 0