E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > OFHG Mistakes - Don't make these!

03-17-2020, 09:00 AM   #1
npwanabe
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

OFHG Mistakes - Don't make these!

Just did my OFHG and OCG on 2008 335i. Upon startup got popping misfire noises, high idle after 20 seconds or so then shutdown, 1/2 engine light. Codes were 29CC, 29CD, 29CE, and 29F1. Turns out when replacing the intake I missed a wire that fell between the intake manifold and the cylinder head. I discovered this my second trip in when I removed the intake entirely. Secondly, I had to remove the coolant hose flange that's adjacent to the short OFHG bolt. Flange was cracked all to pieces so a $15.00 Amazon aluminum fitting took it's place. Lastly, when I removed the upper radiator hose from the OFHG the round plastic piece that holds the o ring in place and the o ring itself just kind of popped out.I drove my self nuts trying to put it back together. It is UNBELIEVEABLE how swollen that o ring was. O'Reilly's had the proper hose ( a Gates) in stock for $61.99. I was tired and was tired of brand new G 48 spilling all over the place so I bought it. I replaced my serpentine belt too. The old one had a lot of dried up oil spots on it. A lot of work but, hey, it's COVID 19 days so what else is there to do?!! BTW car runs awesome!!

Last edited by npwanabe; 03-22-2020 at 07:22 PM..
Appreciate 0