E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Yesterday was good news 2x and bad news (bad was first)

03-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Yesterday was good news 2x and bad news (bad was first)

Bad streets and manholes are not good for our cars, dang. Leaving work, I hear a big pop and think oh no don't tell me. Look back in the rearview and I'm thinking is that the jack pad?

Now I play frogger trying to get to the center of the road to pick up what looked like a black plastic. I coulda sworn a few people tried to hit me, probably the competition in our building.

After picking up the mangled jack pad, I see the gaping hole in front of the rear right wheel well.

Then the good news. I see that OEM (maybe aftermarket) is $6? Nice! I don't need BMW logos and "Germany" on mine. Last time I swear I paid $23x2.

Also, after 4 years, the Takata settlement check came in the mail. No it's not $300k like it is for the lead plaintiffs, but it does pay the utilities for 2 mos. Better than nothing, and yes I do need yet another airbag.

edit as luck would have it I have to pay the "coupe tax," the correct jack pad is minimum $10 to about $13 for aftermarket! $6 is sweet, as puff said, "We can do this every day" at that price. $13? not so much

Last edited by John 070; 03-03-2020 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0