F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Need help with ISTA+
Extreme Powerhouse

02-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
Ryan5034
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
I'm new to ISTA, usually use Carly but that is headed downhill a bit lately...

I had a CEL and misfire cyl8 on Carly figured I would try to diagnose.

When I connect to ISTA I get a BUNCH of faults and "no communication errors" and I don't know how to resolve them or what's even normal.

How should I start diagnosing these? Thanks for the help I have done some YouTubing but not to confident yet.

This is an E70 N63. And there are no errors on the instruments and everything works fine far as I know.

Ultimately would like to get rid of the errors and diagnose the misfire.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:15 PM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

First of all you should try to delete the errors.
If then there is still something left, you can go to troubleshooting.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #3
Ryan5034
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well I have tried to clear all the faults but when I do, it asks me to do a manual terminal change which I assume means to shut off the ignition. Anyway the dialog box will stay up on screen and only say "cancel". So I don't know what is supposed to happen next.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 09:36 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan5034 View Post
Well I have tried to clear all the faults but when I do, it asks me to do a manual terminal change which I assume means to shut off the ignition. Anyway the dialog box will stay up on screen and only say "cancel". So I don't know what is supposed to happen next.
It's a communication issue since I'm guessing all those modules are responding fine right? Go to device manager and make sure com port is 1 and latency is 1. Also make sure the cable is completely pushed into the obd port.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #5
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
You are sure that the programm will that you do the terminal change?
Normally the programm makes automatically the terminal change and only informs about that.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 07:52 PM   #6
Ryan5034
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
It's a communication issue since I'm guessing all those modules are responding fine right? Go to device manager and make sure com port is 1 and latency is 1. Also make sure the cable is completely pushed into the obd port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd********* View Post
Quote:
Ok so this helped a bunch. Now all the modules report green.

This moves me forward a couple steps. Now I can do some more diagnostics. Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
oliveira
Brazil
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i sport gp

I am new to the forum , I need help , I have no knowledge about the free installation of Esys and ista , if anyone can help me ! thank you very much !
Appreciate 0