BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Maaco vs Earl Scheib, which one?

09-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Maaco vs Earl Scheib, which one?

Need some feedback of those who have had experiences with either one. I have an old 97 accord beater that I use as my daily driver and it's black and the paint has taken a beating past year and half with the sun and the hard water where i live. The car sits outside and the sprinklers leave some tough water spots that is hard to remove. I plan on selling the car within a year, but until then I'd like to make it look decent since it's my daily driver. There's an oxidation "strip" forming from the roof of the car and also on the trunk

I see specials all the time from maaco with their presidential basic paint job for $299 with coupon and I know it doesnt come with clear coat and they do a basic hand sand to prep. If you had to pick between the two which one place would you go with? Oh and btw I'm thinking of picking a lighter color like white so that it hides the water spots a little better since it'll get sprayed by the sprinklers. And yes I know that they won't paint the door jams, under the hood etc.. Yes I know that the paint quality isnt great but I think any paint job is better than the condition my car is in currently. tia
Appreciate 0