E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Water in battery well, battery terminals rusted/corroded, help on costs of repairs

01-14-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
7shivagens
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Convertible E93

Water in battery well, battery terminals rusted/corroded, help on costs of repairs

I have a BMW 335i convertible, .. the car wouldn't start after heavy rains, got it towed to BMW dealer, they found water in battery well in the trunk, and no connection from the battery to the front, +ve terminal rusted (see picture), and they refused to repair, and asked me to take it to a body shop. They are saying it will require the battery well tray to be replaced, cut out and welded, etc, a huge expense.

Any help on what it should cost to repair, and how you resolved your issue, would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 08:40 AM   #2
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

which dealer was this? BMW of San Diego?

you can try contacting SD garage in Escondido
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
I doubt you have to cut out the floor board and go through such deep repairs. If looking to regain function I am sure it can be fixed much cheaper even with the correct OEM BMW parts.

Try giving SD Garage if you are local they should be able to get it sorted...