BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Paint Correction and Suntek Ultra PPF on my 1300 Mile Dealer Demo Purchase

12-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #1
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90; 2020 G01; 2014 F31

Paint Correction and Suntek Ultra PPF on my 1300 Mile Dealer Demo Purchase

Hi All! I just recently picked up my very first M car! I'm super excited about this car and LOVE it so far! I was able to score a fantastic deal on this one, being a Dealer Demo with 1300 miles that has been in the dealer inventory for about 12 months!

Unfortunately 12 months in dealer inventory can equal far too many subpar car washes, and WAY too many surface scratches on a black car.

I was lucky enough to find a local Detailer and PPF installer in Naples, through the Naples Cars & Coffee that has years of experience and is looking to possibly branch out on his own and hopefully start his own business. The progress started last night. My installer, Timothy, sent me a few pictures of the progress and will continue to send more.

The plan is to do a 3-stage paint correction, install full body coverage of Suntek Ultra, Ceramic coat everything (including the wheels, calipers, tailpipes, and the film), install 50% ceramic tint on the windshield and 15% on the sides and rear.

I will be sure to update as we progress over the next week or so. Timothy is also filming a video for his YouTube Channel that I will be sure to post too!

Here is a link to his YouTube Channel, and few before and after picture of his work from last night.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCak...uFSKjZw0gICObA
Attached Images

Last edited by BwatM5; 12-22-2019 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:34 PM   #2
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep

Quick update on the Suntek Ultra Full body install. My installer Timothy started the install today, and hopes to have it fully wrapped by tomorrow night, and ceramic coated on Sunday. Hopefully I have it back on Monday!

Here's a few pics that he sent me tonight of the cuts/lines.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 10:29 PM   #3
VeNoM__M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwatM5 View Post
Quick update on the Suntek Ultra Full body install. My installer Timothy started the install today, and hopes to have it fully wrapped by tomorrow night, and ceramic coated on Sunday. Hopefully I have it back on Monday!

Here's a few pics that he sent me tonight of the cuts/lines.
Hmmm, no wrapped edges around the corners? I have full expel on my car and my detailer wrapped every edge, nook and cranny with absolutely 0 visibility to any lines and seams like what I see in your pics.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoM__M5 View Post
Hmmm, no wrapped edges around the corners? I have full expel on my car and my detailer wrapped every edge, nook and cranny with absolutely 0 visibility to any lines and seams like what I see in your pics.
Yeah, I was hesitant at first too. It is a computer plotted and cut kit. Most local shops would charge $8k-$9k around here for a 3-stage paint correction, full custom wrap with all the edges tucked and full ceramic coating. My installer showed me his work on other cars and talked to me about the pros & cons of a full kit w/ wrapped edges vs. a computer cut kit. At about half the price, I was willing to go this route.

I went by his shop tonight to check the progress. He has just about everything wrapped. You honestly cannot tell that it is wrapped, unless someone shows you. It particularly hard to tell with a black car.
Appreciate 1
VeNoM__M5383.00
      01-04-2020, 08:51 PM   #5
BwatM5
Private First Class
Rep

Picked up the car today! So happy that I went with the cheaper/pre-cut install. It's really impossible to tell, unless you know what you're looking for. I only took a couple quick pictures of the car when I picked it up.

I do have to drop it back off on Monday to have the crappy dealer tint removed from the rear and sides, and have ceramic 20 installed. Ceramic 55 has already been installed on the front windshield. My installer also need to ceramic coat the wheels and calipers on Monday too.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0